1-87 Hanomag & LOX trailer

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Ok Rick,

Here I am playing catch up, which is the story of my life. You have done an incredible job scratching this thing together with all the tiny parts and stuff. Hat's off to you Sir!!! Now, let's talk LOX (and I don't mean the fish type). I cannot tell you exactly what color the trailer was as I wasn't there buddy. I'm old, but not that old I'm afraid.

The trailers used at the test center in Peenemünde in the beginning could have been feldgrau. After mid '43 the use of feldgrau was dropped and dark yellow became the norm. LOX trailers used in operational V2 units in '44, when they finally got deployed, would most likely be dark yellow. Field camo could also have applied using green and red brown like most other German vehicles, depending on their location. (Germany, Holland or Belgium)

The biggest problem is that there are so few photos of tactical V2 units in action because if you got caught taking photos or talking openly about V2 ops, you were shot on the spot. It's your call as to which color you want to use and if it will be in a dio or not as well as which time frame. HTHs...

Prost
Allen

• Wow
Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks for the input Allen. I have seen one photo probably post war of a Camo'ed LOX trailer that was wrecked. All the B&W photos I've seen seem to lean to the darker shade of grey which tends to lead me to believe that there might have been more grey trailers than yellow ones. I think I have convinced myself to stick with grey and call it good. Thanks again for stopping by.
Cheers, Rick

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
While I had the hissy stick out for my Ford fuel truck I managed to get some color on the Tractor part of this build.
Need a little bit of body work in a couple of areas and some paint touch up, then good to go.
Rick H.328563328564328565328566

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
A very tidy start to the wet stuff Rick. Look forward to seeing how this progress's

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I can't believe it has been over a year since I updated this. I suppose this qualifies for a stalled build. I am down to the last bit of detail and have gone as far as I can due to lack of the remaining light lenses for the LOX Trailer. I did get all the window glass in as well as wipers and license plates. The head lights went in and the remaining tail light went on the tractor. I have been looking for more lenses but they are out of stock at my regular suppliers. Will post more as things progress. Rick H.P1011084.JPGP1011085.JPGP1011086.JPGP1011087.JPGP1011089.JPGP1011091.JPG

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Rick
Definitely come too far not to be back on the bench. Cracking job. That trailer is really nice :thumb2:
Jim

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Rick, nice to see this back.
Looking good as well .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Guys, just need to scrape up the rest of the bits needed to finish the small details.
In the meantime I will busy myself with some small detail painting. More later. Rick H.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Ooooh! I remeber this one. So glad you have decided to finish off the detailing. Hopefully not much more for you to do. It will be a stunning addition to your collection

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Mr. Jones. I have finally located and ordered the rest of the pieces for this and will update you when they arrive.
Thanks for looking in. Rick H.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Rick, while pawing through my pipe kits I came across these. Unions, 90 degree, T / valve fittings in scale 2". You're welcome to them if they will help. There are more & straight pipe to match. PaulE
100_2088.JPG

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Paul, I think I've got it covered. Much appreciated Good Buddy, Rick H.