1-87 PaK 43/41

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi,
Thought I would share this as well. At the time of build no kits were available in 1-87 scale. I stole a gun tube from a ROCO Nashorn, the undercarriage from a ROCO 155 howitzer and the trails from a Preiser 105 Howitzer. All else is scratched.
Rick H.photo gallery submissions 145.jpgphoto gallery submissions 146.jpgphoto gallery submissions 147.jpgphoto gallery submissions 149.jpgphoto gallery submissions 150.jpg

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Just caught this one. A real beauty. I tried this w/modified ROCO 15cm carriage & modified gun, but did better w/Prieser 105 carriage & ROCO Nashorn gun. Neither were as good as yours. Your finishes are just right too. A very well done. PaulE

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Very nice Rick, I don't think I could put something so small together, let alone paint and weather it.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thank you all! I don't mind admitting it was a real pain in the A** but I was desperate to have one and nothing else was available.
Cheers Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Gents. Steve, it actually came out of three boxes. The gun and cradle come from a Roco Nashorn kit. The undercarriage and wheels came from a Roco 150mm field howitzer kit. And the trails and spades came from
a Preiser 105mm howitzer kit. The rest is pure scratchery and detail parts as needed. The instructions, as in so many cases in this scale consisted of photos found in ref. books and the net. I find it very rewarding and it really is great to know that people appreciate the efforts of folks like Paul E., myself and others working in "Sub Braille Scale".
Cheers, Rick H.