1/87 Wespe resin Diomond T 969 Wrecker

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks Simon & Ian. The model design didn't help. Typical of Wespe in my experience, they do some things really well but the tough parts get less or no attention. The cable guides at the top of the winch/boom frame and at the boom ends were too small-only one pully wide when two were needed. This prevented the cables routed from being free enough to use weighted tackle to keep them taut without risk of breaking everything. I tried to help by remodeling the boom ends, but it wasn't enough. Simon's wire idea might have worked if the wire was small & flexible enough or if I just faked it w/straight stiff runs. The latter was prolly what I should have done as it would have strengthened the whole assembly. Hubris. PaulE

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Very nice Paul is that one I sold you?

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I believe it was in that lot. The helicopter is still in the stash, but the trailers you've seen in the modern US dios. I know there was more and you put in some extras but I'm unsure what they were. I was doing modern US at the time & finishing up some WWII US engineers so there was likely some of that included. A very good deal. Thank you. PaulE

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks Mick. I still feel I let the side down though. PaulE

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Paul.
It happens, my 65 Tractor had a tight tow rope . I wedged it with a piece of wood. The next morning it was slack, yet the wood was still tight !.
Dzhon.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Paul
Even with the disappointment of the tension in the ropes it is a great model. Quality defies its tiny scale.
Jim

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Like what you’ve done with the wrecker, looks great :thumb2: