1/9th Scale B-17G Bomber.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Steven i forgot you was building this BI7 G an wow what a plane how big will it be wingspan an lenght ? an its gonna be R/C yea ? will you have to have a licsecne to fly this plane of this size an can you fly ok as i used to fly planes some freeflight an some controll line planes with a third line for throttle controll but i nr always crashed them sooner or later as everything happens so fast thats why i went into model ships things happen slower so gives me time to avert disater if possible an my brother is a real pilot on light aircraft but he does a lot of stunt flyin with his R/C planes an crashes now an then an even crashed in the tree tops lol but this model will be a whopper an more pics please as she is bein built
chris

StevenRB

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
The wingspan is 138" inches, the fuselage is 100" inches. I'm still a dunce when it comes to metrics. Go figure. No special license will be required. When I was a kid, we had some of those plastic fantastic Cox airplanes. I had a Sopwith Camel which I had hell to go a full circle. It went up, then down, up then down until I at least completed a full circle. Chucked it out within a month or two. Later in my 20's in the 80's, I talked a friend of mine into buying a P40 while I purchased a Stuka. We went to the local park at night and used the parking lot as our flight area.
Jim seemed to crash his early on while I had several laps on my Stuka. During this something weird happened. I heard a buzzing sound and the plane pretty well stopped going round in circles. My line had either broke or became untied and the plane took off on a beeline and hit a light pole dead center. I swore I had a free flight model. It was the most bizzare thing in modeling I had seen. Damn planes. Thank you everyone for your input. It's always nice to hear from you.

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Just catching up on this, absolutely fascinating. Friend at school was into RC aircraft as I recall he spent most of his time repairing.