• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
afternoon Peter.
Love the dusty look, top notch indeed. Some nice light shades there as well . Love it.

Now whats with the left hands being so numerous, ?:hugging-face:
John .

D

Deleted member 6559

Jim - Glad you approve.

John - Many thanks. I don't know why I've got more spare left hands than right - weird.

His kit is now done:

100_2289.JPG100_2294.JPG

I've tried to vary the shades on the various pieces of equipment to imply that some parts are newer than others. All were painted with combinations of Vallejo Khaki, Camo Olive Green and English Uniform. I'm quite pleased with the way the scratched and converted items have turned out - I didn't get them too gluey during construction this time.

Just the arms and rifle to do now.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Peter.
Very effective paint work with those few colours.
As for your left hands
I seem to have a complete collection of Russian Helmets, and no figures , work that one out :flushed:
John.

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Peter

A very crisp rendering of this guy, up to your usual standard. I bet you have more left hands than rights because models frequently have stuff they're holding in their right hands, all moulded in one.

John

D

Deleted member 6559

John R - Also have more right arms than left.

John B - Glad you like him. Yep, that's a good left hand theory......

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
D

Deleted member 6559

That's the first figure done:

100_2296.JPG100_2297.JPG100_2298.JPG100_2299.JPG

Just the arms and rifle to do today, but they took much longer than I'd thought. I reached for the bayonet only to find that the carpet monster had made off with it - couldn't find it anywhere - so I had to scratch a new one. The rifle strap was as usual made from paper with wire and metal foil attachments.

Now on to his prisoner.....

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Peter,
wow that gift should keep you out of mischief for a while. As usual great work and use of colours on the figure.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Peter.
Wow he's looking good, apart from his lack of dentistry:tongue-out3:
John .

D

Deleted member 6559

Scottie - I can still create plenty of mischief! Many thanks.

John - Thanks also.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Splendid Peter.
Mr Frankenspares turned out mighty fine.The old boy scrubbed up really well.What a transformation.Really nice conversion.
Richard

D

Deleted member 6559

More to come Richard. I'm pleased with the way this one turned out

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Well done Peter. Stunning work. I like this one a lot. Glad you enjoyed it:thumb2:

D

Deleted member 6559

Many thanks Graham and Steve.

I've just been working on some alternative heads for the German prisoner. Quite excited about it.

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hey we are back mate.
The 8th army frankenfigure looks darn good to me my friend.Its nice that my unwanted spares have gone to a good home.Gives me pleasure seeing you create some ingenious creations from spares.Theres plenty more still in the cupboard and wardrobe mate.Got half a carrier bag of 1.16th Dragon stuff still and some u.k airborne 120s!!!.
Enjoy mate.
Richard

:blow-kiss-2::blow-kiss-2::smiling5::smiling5:

D

Deleted member 6559

Steady on with those emojis Steve! Glad you approve.

This is the head of the German:

100_2301.JPG

This is the second head I've worked on today. The first was a Verlinden character head which I decided against as I went along. This one is by Reedees with a cap from the spares box. I like Reedees' heads, though there can be a certain amount of lumpiness in parts which does compromise the finish.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
Very nice indeed. More so as there are no bright colours to add impact - just your quality painting.
Jim

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
WOW

I think I missed a day!

Nice work on the POW's head, there is definitely a story between the "Tommy" and POW,

"He's smoking my Juno's!" might just fit :smiling:

The brassware on the Tommy's webbing, you do use Vallejo model colour metal paints?

They look so good and a really sharp contrast to the washed out Khakis.

Great progress Peter

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Jim - Many thanks. Painting various shades of khaki does get a bit tedious though.

Steve - Yes, I think the POW will be responding to a bit of cockney banter. Again I'm not too enamoured with the head and may try another alternative, but I'll see how I feel about it tomorrow. This one looks he's taking a bit of ragging with good humour, but I have another head that looks more haughty and un-amused - that might be funnier.

The brass is VallejoModel Color Brass over Camo Black Brown. It's a bit bright for field conditions and I may tone it down with some graphite, though I do like the detailed contrast it provides..