120mm Figures and Diorama

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

The last of the cabinet lurkers:

100_3257.JPG100_3260.JPG100_3258.JPG100_3259.JPG

These are a Michael Roberts Continental fifer, a Verlinden Assyrian king and a dio depicting US Marines in the Solomons. The last includes figures by Dog Tag and Verlinden with some head changes and a skull shrine for atmosphere. The vegetation is mainly by FoG Models, with the tree being made from something that grows in a field over the road sprayed green.

D

Deleted member 4539

These are all excellent Peter:smiling3:.
You have a nice clean crisp style of painting (some would call them cartoonist,the fools) that brings me much pleasure to look at.
All the best to you.
Ralph.

D

Deleted member 6559

Many thanks Scottie.

Cheers Ralph. I was inspired by your Napoleonic figure to post some pictures of my own work - see the separate thread below.

Last edited by a moderator:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Peter, what do you mean old...it's like I saw them yesterday. :smiling2: It's a really nice range of figures on vignettes. I think they're worthy of some rotation in the cabinet.

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks Richard - I think I can do better than I did here and am in fact thinking of repainting a couple of them, particularly the medieval archers. Still, it's good to have some older points of reference in the cabinet.

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Good to see most of your figures in one go.

The Napoleonic figures are so much brighter than these figures.

Super collection

Happy shopping

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Pete - There definitely is a limit to my talents - making any improvement is an agonisingly slooooowww process. I've also become aware over recent months that my style definitely isn't to everyone's taste - some quite caustic comments on other sites. I can cope.

Steve - Thanks. As I say, getting a bit old now and definitely in need of improvement, though I probably won't get around to repainting any of them.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Incredible work. And even a rat in pic 3. Nice touch.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Not seen the English warrior before Peter. Nice to see the others again

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks Colin and Steve.

The English medieval figures predate our 'association' Steve.