1275GT's Airfix 1/24 Spitfire Vb

1275GT

Hi all. Here's my entry for this years large scale SIG.

I'm intending to do this OOB, just having taken off with the wheels going up, with the prop spinning. So first off I think I'll be figuring out how to wire the damn thing up, but at least it'll make a change from doing the cockpit first !!!!

Cheers, NeilView attachment 95508

124 spit.JPG

First Name
Dave
Good to see someone else tackling this old kit. I take it you won't be using the little pots of paint that come with the kit?.How on earth do Airfix expect you to paint a model this size with them?!.

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
\ said:
Good to see someone else tackling this old kit. I take it you won't be using the little pots of paint that come with the kit?.How on earth do Airfix expect you to paint a model this size with them?!.
I thought that about the paint but there two or three of the Dark Earth and Green in my Hurricane kit. But they're still not getting used!

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Nice idea Neil,will look forward to seeing this, ;)

1275GT

No Dave, I've binned them already ( hope that doesn't count as started ?????!!!! ).

I do however have a 3" brush, and will visit B&Q tomorrow to see if they can match FS numbers..... :P

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
You can have a look and see if you can get a roller while you are there Neil.

Ian M

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looking forward to seeing how you tackle this older kit Neil.

Cheers

P