1914 Stutz Bearcat

G

GeeBee

This is an old (1978) Airfix kit that I managed to pick up off eBay, sadly some of the parts were missing, and the chassis was bent as a banana, luckily I found another with some parts missing, but it had a good chassis and the parts I needed, it was built to replicate the one in the t.v series 'The Bearcats' and old 1970's U.S t.v series I used to watch when I was growing up, the chrome was stripped and redone using Alclad brass, the red pinstripes were done with the airbrush ...

Last edited:
M

m1ks

Don't know the TV show but that's a lovely clean build. I remember airfix doing lots of interesting car kits when I was a kid, shame the range of cars is not as interesting now. I recall building an old 4.5 litre Bentley and an old MG, really liked those kits.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Beautiful job geoff , i remember when airfix released this one , although i think it may have been a re-box of someone elses mould even then! I always liked the bearcat with its bucket seats and the funky looking monocle windscreen , it was considered a real sporty car in the 20's. cheers tony

A

AVB99

Amazing build. Love the leather seat. Can I ask please, the red trim on the 'hood' is that a decal or paint? If paint how did you achieve it please Geoff?

Aidan

G

GeeBee

\ said:
Amazing build. Love the leather seat. Can I ask please, the red trim on the 'hood' is that a decal or paint? If paint how did you achieve it please Geoff?Aidan
It's paint Aiden, it was masked and airbrushed, have a look at the build on my website

1914 Stutz Bearcat - GeeBee's Model's

G

GeeBee

\ said:
i remember when airfix released this one , although i think it may have been a re-box of someone elses mould
It was originally produced by MPC in America, it was a time when the parent company of MPC, General Mills, actually owned the Airfix brand