200mm British Officer WW1

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

100_3225.JPG

I was recently given some busts by Richard Pearce (thanks Richard!), which included an SS officer by MIG Productions. I'm not particularly keen on depicting the SS, and with the 100th anniversary of the armistice, I thought I'd use the rather excellent head to make up a British officer. The other parts are by Sarnia Miniatures, including the great torso sculpted by Peter Gilson for his Carton de Wiart bust - I hope that neither Richard or Peter minds me chopping up their offerings!

Should be a nice one to do. I was also given a lovely Tommy's War bust by Richard, so this will be a somewhat belated 100th anniversary build.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Peter.
Good morning. Agree with your sentiment on the choice , I would think neither Richard or Peter would have any objection to this, rather liking the whole idea.
Normal seat, but not near that kettle again ! .
John.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Peter.
Nice to see you are putting bits n bobs to good usage.Great idea of combining various parts.Maybe the SS guy can be made Wehrmacht sometime.Be great to see your British busts develop.Will take a pew next to John and not to near the dreaded kettle.
Richard.

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 6559

John - Take a seat. Still haven't got a new kettle I'm afraid.

Richard - Ditto. The torso will be saved for something later.

Head more or less done:

100_3227.JPG

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Head looks great Peter.Really nicely done my friend.Mr C just arrived in parcel undamaged.Looks great mate.Helen loves it!!!.
Thanks mate.
Richard

D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers Richard. Glad Mr C arrived safely - so glad his bells didn't fall off!

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Wow now thats a nice officer Peter.Love the choice of colours and the face is stunning.The expression is really eye catching.
Super mate.
Richard

D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers Richard. I'm pleased that all of the various parts came together well.

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Hi POeter

No problem with you mix and matching. you have produced a very nice looking bust.

Peter

D

Deleted member 6559

Scottie - Thank you.

Peter - Glad you like him One of your best torsos.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Turbo Day!. Certainly didnt see this one coming. A wonderful bust Peter. He has a very quizzical look about him. Maybe he is wondering if he will be at the front of the display cabinet or on the piano??

D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers Steve - They all briefly sit on top of the piano until I decide where to put them. This one has gone to the front of the main cabinet.

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Wonderful figure and timely too, with the centenary.

The eyes have it, they really are expressive.

I know this is your favourite "fix" for eyes, this time it has a depth which come out in the facial expression.

Great mix of Khakis too.

Another successful finish

Well done Peter

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Steve. I'm pleased that you like him.

The eyes and the eyebrows are so important for expression. As with 99% of model figures the eyes were not evenly matched here, so painting a sideways glance helps eliminate the difference. Day off today to shop for my wife and daughter's birthdays.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Day off !!!
Think you deserve it.
I've only just settled down in the "new " seat , eaten half of Richards sandwiches and its done.
Looks very English, love the eyes, certainly a mark of your work and the texture of the clothing is top class.
John.

Only just got comfort able in the new leather seat

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks John. Ain't that new leather armchair great? Not bad for a bit of recycled fly-tipping.

Reactions: JR