251/11

First Name
Jimbob
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

think I'll call this finished although I think it's missing something need some inspiration it represents a telephone exchange vehicle in winter 42 in Russia, any comments good or bad most welcome.

Jimimage.jpeg

image.jpeg

I do like German half-tracks. Nice build. Is that the Tamiya kit?

I'm wondering if the Ausf D variant was around in the winter of '42?

You could try hanging some stowage on the outside, there seems to be a bit of decal missing on the right hand side, Some stowage would hide that. apart from that attach a radio aerial.

Tom

First Name
Jimbob
I took this from a picture of the Russian front with all sort of weird and wonderful vehicles retreating from the front line yeah tore a bit of the decal with over axuberant cleaning of the number I have a few extra clutter to put on it and of course an antenna. Yes it is the tamiya kit. Thanks for the comments.

Jim

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice to see a half track,we don't see a lot of these,I do still have two or so,in my stash,

your done a nice job on this so far, ;)

F

Fenlander

I do like a 251 Jim. This represents a well worn and used vehicle. They are a pleasure to 'dirty up' due to the weird angles and nooks and crannies. Nice one.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
A well done model. Some considerations might be a long pole with a hook on the end to lift wires onto poles or tree limbs and a spool/rack mounted on the front right fender for laying wire might be common additions. Also maybe some sag introduced to the tracks. PaulE