28mm Oathmark Orc archers from North Star

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Well, here are some more from the production line. I still think this is a great little set with lovely animation. I’d recommend it to anyone that wants to dip their toes in the small scale figure pond.
IMG_2068.jpeg
IMG_2069.jpeg
IMG_2070.jpeg
IMG_2071.jpeg
IMG_2072.jpeg
IMG_2073.jpeg
Came out well I thought…..so here is the usual calibration shot….and the usual giant bottles of Vallejo paint.
IMG_2074.jpeg
Cheers all
Hope you like them…..

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I simply don't know how you do it at that size. Amazing painting. Love the expressions on their ugly little faces.
Cheers Jim. Most of it is the flesh wash, honest……detail painting is the only bit using a steady hand. Great little sculpts though, and a great number of head variation on a sprue so no two figures are the same. Quite surprised the 1/35th stuff isn’t this good really.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
But... they're not GREEN! Definitely more interesting than the elves, and with a nice level of 'shabbiness'
No they are bleeping’ not. I absolutely HATE green orcs, they belong to the Nottingham mafia :smiling:
These are Tolkien inspired, so are my interpretation of corrupted elves. I don’t like them in black skin either, so I’ve gone for white skin with lesions. Much better sculpts than the elves. Currently one of the best sets in the range I think. Loads of variety and can be sharp implements, spears, or bows with armoured helmets, leather helmets, or bare heads.

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
How did JRR describe them? 'Swarthy'? Some of the Uruks in Two Towers reminded me of Ogrons

Which is no bad thing!

I will apologise now that my twenty- FIVE mil orcs ARE green, but it was the mid-eighties, Warhammer first edition, I painted them.

Y'know, pale skin DOES make a lot of sense for creatures made in the dungeons of Angbad...

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
I echo Jim's comments. I don't know how you can work so small!! The detail for something so tiny is awesome. They are quite something Tim.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Cheers Doug. As to “how”, there’s an SBS here…..it’s more technique than skill, honest.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Simply outstanding as always Tim. Truly exceptional work as always!

ATB

Andrew

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
They're really cute as usual Tim and well painted, it's amazing how they can be molded so well with different expressions. The embossed detail is crisp and helps with the painting technique that you use. I'd try some if it were not for my back log of 1/700 ships and 1/35 dioramas.

Cheers,
Wabble.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
They're really cute as usual Tim and well painted, it's amazing how they can be molded so well with different expressions. The embossed detail is crisp and helps with the painting technique that you use. I'd try some if it were not for my back log of 1/700 ships and 1/35 dioramas.

Cheers,
Wabble.
Cheers Richard. If you ever do get the urge I’d say these and the more recent dark age stuff from Victrix are among the best out there. Useful as a palette cleanser between more complicated builds as well.