3 Stick Transmitter!

W

Wowbagger

When the conversation gets around to radio gear and transmitter modes at the field, I've often mentioned that MacGregor used to make a Digimac III that had three sticks! This information is always met with gales of laughter and much leg pulling and I've never met anyone who would believe me, even old hands who must have been modelling when these things were produced and should know better! Comments are usually along the lines of, "What do you use to operate the third stick, your middle 'leg' hahahaaa.", and so on.... Anyhow, a few days ago a long time modeller friend of mine gave me some old Radio Modeller magazine's and on the cover of the Christmas 1973 edition is a MacGregor advertisment clearly showing a THREE stick Digimac III !! :cheesygri

View attachment 6832

/monthly_2004_04/3StickMac-.jpg.39f2d97eab9952b55f37dda23fc43175.jpg

View attachment 11477

View attachment 12127

3StickMac-.jpg

A

adzam

very cool.

i know robbe does a three stick arrangement , but it`s designed for controlling individual motors/engines on boats . both sticks next to each other, but what you have there is a very unusual pic . :smiling3:

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Macgregor industries did indeed make a very useful three stick transmitter,also Derek Olley made such an animal in his Fleet range,the third stick could be used for flaps or other accessory where increments are required.

More to the point a four engined beast requireing sets of two engine management requires such a transmitter,if one inboard engine cuts then you need to shut down the other,likewise if one outboard cuts then you need to adjust the asymetrics.

Quite a collectors piece these days but certainly useful for said application.