3m filters

• Thread starter Levi van den Berg
  • Start date
L

Levi van den Berg

Hi I was wondering when to replace my 3m filters and Wich ones should I buy?
I am now using the 6057 ABE1 filters
( Without the extra dustfilters ) I was thinking of buying the 6059 filters. But Wich one do you guys prefer and when should I replace them? I read somewhere after 3 months but I don't know if that is true

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I would continue with the 6057s. They are what I use, along with the supplemental 5911 particulate filters. They really extend the life of the primary filter. The 6059s just add ammonia filtration, which I can’t see you needing. If you can get them cheaper than 6057s then fine, but otherwise don’t bother. As to filter life, unless you are a professional spraying all day every day these should be good for a couple of years at least to be honest. I change mine when I can just start to taste or smell solvent breakthrough. That’s what the 3M site says as well. Timed filter changes tend to occur in a professional environment as they minimise the chance of an operative being without effective PPE.
The 3M website gives good information if you need it.
Cheers
Tim

L

Levi van den Berg

Thank you in that case I'll stick with the ones I have and buy the extra supplemental 5911 particulate filters
But if you use it without them it's not really a problem right?

I would continue with the 6057s. They are what I use, along with the supplemental 5911 particulate filters. They really extend the life of the primary filter. The 6059s just add ammonia filtration, which I can’t see you needing. If you can get them cheaper than 6057s then fine, but otherwise don’t bother. As to filter life, unless you are a professional spraying all day every day these should be good for a couple of years at least to be honest. I change mine when I can just start to taste or smell solvent breakthrough. That’s what the 3M site says as well. Timed filter changes tend to occur in a professional environment as they minimise the chance of an operative being without effective PPE.
The 3M website gives good information if you need it.
Cheers
Tim

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
No problem at all without them, but they will extend the life of the finer filters on the 6057s as the bigger particles don’t get through. They don’t work like sieves, but it is useful to visualise them that way to aid understanding.....think of it as two sizes of sieve, one coarse over one fine......the coarse sieve takes out the big bits so the finer one doesn’t have to work so hard....
Cheers
Tim