A bit of advice please

P

Paul Sargeant

Hi everyone,

This is the interior of my Tamiya 1/24 Aston Martin DBS,

I want to make the centre console and the other dark grey accents shiny but I don't want the brush strokes to show through and I want all the blue to remain matt.

Any suggestions on the best product for the job?

Paul...

View attachment 106873

View attachment 106874

DBSINT2.JPG

DBSINT3.JPG

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
First let me say what a cracking interior you've done there :smiling3:

Humbrol make a satin varnish which can be applied with a thin brush and it's quite good the number is 135 I've used it on a few aircraft and it's got a nice shine to it but without being too shiny like a gloss and it settles back very well

I hope this helps :smiling3:

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Hi Paul that looks great ........ I find brushing with Valejo Air has good results. It dries out and has a sort of "self levelling effect" and doesn't leave any apparent bursh marks. I've also used Tamiya clear with good results ...... The tank on this bike was done by brush and had several coats of Tamiya Clear.

View attachment 106875

DSCF0267.JPG

L

Laurie

Paul Humbrol also have a newish product called Clear.

This is ultra thin and brushed on ,"very thin" , produces a good gloss. First coat is about satin but then you can gloss uo with further coats to your heart's content.

If you do use this test first as it is very thin and needs a few practice strokes to lay down . But applied thin there will not be any brush strokes.

Laurie

PS there is a You Tube video of how to use produced by Humbrol. access is also by the Humbrol site.

B

Bari

Hi, I use this for getting different depths of shine.

View attachment 106876

Obtainable from any supermarket, goes on very thin and leaves no brush marks. each coat increases the shine. try on a scrap peice first to get the depth of shine right. Also don't load your brush just the merest hint of moisture will go a long way. Don't be discouraged by the milky look of it as it dries clear.

This shine on the wing took about 6 coats.

View attachment 106877

Also you get enough in the bottle to last a very long time, and you can also use it on the floor if you want.....

01.JPG

IMG_0027.JPG

P

Polux

Nice interior!!

My option is a general wash with white spirit, you can use oils or enamels.

Can try a green/grey colour. The result will be a nice interior with more depther details and an interesting final shine.

Anyway, my advice is try it before over a piece of plastic ;)

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I would have said the same as Bari it is good stuff and a bottle lasts ages and only around £4 and you can either spray it or brush it on