A bit surprised

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I decided to treat my airbrush to a new needle and cap. It's done a few miles and could be worn.

So, I'm looking for a new 0.2mm needle etc. After getting the old paper work out I discovered it's actually fitted with a 0.15mm needle. That might explain the few problems I've been having . I think I'll be ordering a 0.2mm needle......!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
0.15 jeez colin , its a wonder you got anything through that!! Ive got a 0.2 in one of mine and thats a bugger to get anything thicker than water through, the samallest i would go for general work is 0.3, anything smaller and i find the pigments in the paint can block it up . cheers tony

S

stuart.c.82

I'm having difficulty with the join between colours (using a brush) is there a trick I'm missing or are the nice clean lines you guys manage to get due to airbrushing?

P.S. brush painting sucks! But im gonna see it out for the rest of this model.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
\ said:
0.15 jeez colin , its a wonder you got anything through that!! Ive got a 0.2 in one of mine and thats a bugger to get anything thicker than water through, the samallest i would go for general work is 0.3, anything smaller and i find the pigments in the paint can block it up . cheers tony
With my new extra 0.5mm of diameter I'm expecting all my painting problems just to fade away........................fade, a bit of a joke there.

\ said:
I'm having difficulty with the join between colours (using a brush) is there a trick I'm missing or are the nice clean lines you guys manage to get due to airbrushing?
P.S. brush painting sucks! But im gonna see it out for the rest of this model.
Most of us use blu tak (or something similar) 'sausages' Make them long and thin, press them into place and paint carefully.

S

stuart.c.82

\ said:
With my new extra 0.5mm of diameter I'm expecting all my painting problems just to fade away........................fade, a bit of a joke there.
Most of us use blu tak (or something similar) 'sausages' Make them long and thin, press them into place and paint carefully.
Will give this a try on my next model... Should have the airbrush set up by then too!

Thankyou

S

stuart.c.82

What about razor strait lines? (like for a chrome trim on a car) Something like car spraying fine line tape?

First Name
Adrian
\ said:
What about razor strait lines? (like for a chrome trim on a car) Something like car spraying fine line tape?
Car tape is perfect and much cheaper than the Tamiya curve tape and you get loads more :smiling3:

Adrian