A British Tank with some Troops..

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
So then,
As I previously mentioned, there's a problem with the base I was going to use,seemed ok to start with, but now the Tank's done and I can see just how large it is, something's amiss...
IMG20221126153004.jpg
Yeah,only just fits on,and in that position I think it looks just.... well... WRONG . :sad: But the base doesn't allow for any other way!!
So.... Bye bye for now base,looked at a few others I have,(I do normally make my own,but decided to use up some pre made ones that I've had kicking around the place!!)...
... And, despite being MAHOOSIVE compared to what I was going to do,I decided this is the one to use....
IMG20221126155944.jpg
It's only vac formed,but might have potential?! Anyway,this is it for size,and how the Cromwell sits...
IMG20221126160001.jpg
Tother side.....
IMG20221126160040.jpg
A LOT of work required to get that looking anywhere near decent,but on the plus side,(?!!), there's plenty of room for the MG crew...and other stuff that I haven't even thought of yet!! ;)
This Dio is just getting more and more Heath Robinson !!
Thanks for looking,stay with it...what could possibly go wrong?!! :smiling3:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Late evening Mr. Smiff,
what could possibly go wrong?!! :smiling3:

Not much really Andy, but a few observations if I may.........The abuse first...Could you please, and I implore you, please remove the seam on the TC's (tank commander) right pinky to his elbow. It is quite prominent Sir!!!

It is sad to see that you won't be modifying Devo's headgear, but that's ok as it is your build. The dio base from Heller will be great when you do your magic on it with Botanics and some mud/dirt/rocks and stuff...

As for the Cromwell Pot Roast..........

Well, we all know times are hard in today's world, with everything being so expensive...Your best bet would be pop it in the oven at 350° for an hour or so and have a nice meal from it. Maybe some potatoes and veggies to round it out...

Other than that, Fine job so far and keep it coming Buddy!!!...

Prost
Allen

PS, after you eat the Cromwell Pot Roast, you could go back to using the smaller base...Food for thought Andy!!!.....

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Not much more you say really say after Dude1 fine post other than think it will look ok on that base Andy .

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well it's been quite a while on this one...
... got sidetracked by my recent Aircraft indulgences ;)
HOWEVER,whilst waiting for my things to arrive for my current Beaufighter,I've done,and fitted,the stowage :smiling3:....
So here's a few pics,(sorry Allen,that seam you mentioned is obvious on the previous pics,but in reality you can't even notice it... hence I didn't until you said!!) ....
IMG20230112185354.jpg
IMG20230112185257.jpg
IMG20230112185305.jpg
IMG20230112185327.jpg
IMG20230112185334.jpg
IMG20230112185354.jpg
So there ya go... It SHOULD'VE been completed in time for the "2022 completed builds" thread... But,hey!!... I got sidetracked :sad: ..

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
'Sokay Mr. Smiff, you now have a "head" start on 2023!:tongue-out3: That's a nice looking 'Tilda Sir! Could you please tell Mr. Dewire to, in the future, please refrain from dumping his lawn clippings on your models....very difficult to see the finished product.;):nerd:

Last edited:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
OMG..... It's land based!!!

Seriously though, great work Andy.

Well done.

Andrew

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Nice work Andy,
I've got exactly the same heller base, but never really thought about how to utilise it properly, so I'll be watching to see what magic you do with it..

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That use of Mrs Smith's herbs ( or have you since bought some ) really sets this off well Andy .

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
The Cromwell is looking good, the figure sets it off nicely Andy, it definately needs the bigger base!
Hi Graeme, thanks for that,and I agree, I've opted for the bigger base :smiling3:
'Sokay Mr. Smiff, you now have a "head" start on 2023!:tongue-out3: That's a nice looking 'Tilda Sir! Could you please tell Mr. Dewire to, in the future, please refrain from dumping his lawn clippings on your models....very difficult to see the finished product.;):nerd:
Hi Rick,"very difficult to see the finished product" eh?.... Well,within reason, that's  kinda the idea ;)
OMG..... It's land based!!!

Seriously though, great work Andy.

Well done.

Andrew
HA,now,now Andrew,I haven't completely gone to the dark side :smiling3: .... AFVs are still where the heart is ;)
Nice work Andy,
I've got exactly the same heller base, but never really thought about how to utilise it properly, so I'll be watching to see what magic you do with it..
Hey Chris, that base really is taking some thinking about... Lots of potential in it IMHO, it's just deciding what to do where, should be good fun though,and,due to it's size,there may even be some scope for some extra "players". ;)
Nice job Andy. Foliage looks great. Very much “in the field”.
Cheers Tim,I do like the netting and Leafage look, just adds that little something I think. :smiling3:
Oooh I like that.
Thank you Scottie,(Dawg. :smiling3: ),pleased you approve :smiling3:
Very nice mate :thumb2:
Cheers Mark,it helped that it was such a good kit to build. :smiling3:
That use of Mrs Smith's herbs ( or have you since bought some ) really sets this off well Andy .
Thanks John, :smiling3:
Pinched some of Rach's herbs I'm ashamed to say .... but I have now bought a little bit array of them from "Home Bargains".... 39p each jar,which will last years!! ;)

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Very nice finish Andy, it is very well camouflaged!:thumb2: