A compressor died what's a good cheap replacement

First Name
Robert
Hi there guys and gals

I've been off the modelling for a number of months after taking a series of strokes but gladly I'm on the road to a full recovery

Well I thought I'd tidy up a bit in the man cave and well thought I'd give my A/b a good clean ( not that it's that dirty. (Iwata Eclipse Hp Cs )

Well tuned on the compressor and it started making odd noises and then started grinding an awful racket.

Due to my strokes I have started speech therapy as my voice went.

My wife came upstairs yelling at me what was the racket going on but could inform a sentence!!

Anyway the compressors goosed and even after a good clean it just ain't kicking to life.

Anyone got a compressor in their stash or can anyone recommend a good one that's not too much as think this ones only fit for the bin now:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Robert

D

dubster72

Robert I have the guts of my old AS 186 that's sitting in a drawer.

The bits I've removed are the on/off switch, wiring & pressure switch - the housing, motor & piston are fine.

It's yours for postage. I'll take some pics tomorrow to illustrate what I have if you're interested.

L

Laurie

Robert if you need a cheap one. Put in on Amazon airbrush compressor.

The majority are made by a factory in China and flagged under different names. I would bet the majority of model makers use this cheapee. Get what you pay for. But then you can buy three cheap ones fo the ccst of a branded compressor.

Laurie

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
The best replacement for a cheap compressor is a more expensive one.

Firm believer in the saying buy cheap, buy twice.

I know a few that have cheap Chinese knock offs that have worked for yonks. However I know many more that have gotten through at least four of the things..."well there cheap!" They say. Not if you end up buying loads of them.

Do your self a favour and save a bit longer and buy a good one.

The extra good bit is that the more expensive one have spare parts and can be fixed!!

D

dougie

I have a nearly new one on here for sale. I will sell it for £50 plus postage, it cost me £150 and ive used it maybe 10 times. I also have an extra air moisture trap for it and a hose I think.

Problem is I'm working in Norway, but if your interested the misses could maybe post it next week.

There should be more info in the for sale section

First Name
Robert
\ said:
Try these, they're cheep take no time at all to clean and don't inflate your electric bill
View attachment 131601 :D
Cheers Alan ( have you been talking to my wife? ) She says the same " what's wrong with a brush? You have so many why not use them?

I may have to save up and see if Santa clause has room on his sleigh at Christmas!! Ho Ho Ho

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I have been waiting for a slow boat from China to bring me some compressors, I have some AS-186 and AS-189 that have just landed at Felixstowe tpday, if your not in a rush I'm hoping they will be with me this week.

First Name
Robert
Been told by the boss I have to wait to see what Xmas brings and I'm not to buy............. Love em we have to

Robert