A Couple of 1/35 Vignettes

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

My good friend, Richard Pearce, recently sent me a bundle of stuff from his stash, including some Wolf 1/35 figures. I had more or less given up on anything smaller than 1/16, mainly because of my deteriorating eyesight, but these looked nice and clean so I thought I'd give them a go.

The first two are Volkssturm figures:

100_2204.JPG100_2205.JPG100_2206.JPG100_2208.JPG

As you can see, these are beautifully sculpted and very cleanly cast. Richard has added an alternative head for the first figure and included items to make a promising base.

100_2201.JPG100_2202.JPG

The third figure was a Fallschirmjager from Crete, 1941. I decided to move him to Tunisisa in 1943 and bought another Wolf figure, a DAK man with a pet monkey, in order to make up a vignette.

I've painted the Fallschirmjager:

100_2211.JPG

By way of excuse, I don't think 1/35 is my forte, nor does it suit my style, but this was great fun to do. I haven't coming across this manufacturer before, but the quality of these figures is up there with the best.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Peter.....niiice.

I believe Wolf and Hornet were partners or the same company. This was when they did full figures. Heads and hands were much easier so that's where they are concentrated on. Perhaps Richard P can enlighten us.

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 6559

That's interesting Richard. The heads are very Hornet, so I'm sure you're right. The stock carried at Historex does look a bit like the end of a range. Some nice ACW subjects as well.

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
PD,
no matter what scale you are working at.. ALWAYS a work of Art !!!:thumb2:

D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers JS!
I've run out of brushes - hopefully they'll be delivered tomorrow and I can get on - damn!

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Ooh i say they look rather Jolly Mr.D.Wolf figures were bought up by Mark Day of Soveriegn miniatures who produces many old wolf figures under his range.They did some great stuff and worth checking out the range at Soverign 2000.The para looks great Peter.Im sure you will do something nice with the Tank hunter chaps.
Richard

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks for the info Richard. I have made some Sovereign in the past and did like them

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Really nice to see you back in my favourite scale, Peter.

I can appreciate the larger sizes are better for your sight, and you really can see the depth of detail
and magic of color blending in all your larger sale pieces.

Lovely start and really nice looking figures, they do look enjoyable

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks Dave and Steve.

Obviously, due to the size these are much quicker to do than 1/16, so that should put less strain on the eyes. Oh, the joys of ageing......

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Brushes arrived yet?

Looking forward to seeing how these come together. Great stuff:thumb2:

D

Deleted member 6559

Brushes have arrived Steve, but I've decided to shelve this one. My eyes just aren't up to the smaller scales anymore - ended up with a blinding headache and blurred vision after the first figure. I'll save the rest for a rainy day. Have started a thread on a Verlinden 120mm knight.