A few more finished from me and mini me

P

Paul Daniell

Afternoon all

Just thought we would add a few pictures of what we have been up to for the last couple of weeks.

First up is an Airfix 1:100 Scale pre-painted P-47 D Thunderbolt cut out by dad and glued by me lad with no glue stains. Nice little kit may have to look at getting some more.

Next Up is a Zvezda 1:144 ME 109. The kit was brought in error and when we got it was a massive surprise how small it was. It went together with out any glue which was good for the size of the plastic was very thin on the wings so thin you could see through it. I marked out the camo for the lad and he painted it himself with a helping hand from dad with which colours to paint where. then we both did the decals. Nice little plane if not very small.

Last but not least is our main project for the last couple of weeks an Airfix BAE Hawk 1:72 scale. We didn't like the look of the red arrow colour scheme so we plump for the camo pattern. the kit was nice went together well till we went to close up the canopy. The bulk head behind the co-pilot seat was to big for the canopy to sit right so out came the file and sand paper to file it down but have had to take so much of it that if it was to scale think Warwick Davis wouldn't fit in the back seat. ;)

The kit is a bit of a tail sitter but we thought it would be okay so didn't weight the front but you learn from these things so the next one we will be ready for it.

The decals where a bit hit and miss but all in all we are happy with it.

Have a look and see what you guys think.

Cheers Paul

View attachment 82339

View attachment 82340

View attachment 82341

View attachment 82342

View attachment 82343

View attachment 82344

View attachment 82345

View attachment 82346

View attachment 82347

View attachment 82348

View attachment 82349

View attachment 82350

View attachment 82351

View attachment 82352

p47d1.jpg

p47d2.jpg

me1091.jpg

me1092.jpg

me1094.jpg

me1095.jpg

hawk 1.jpg

hawk2.jpg

hawk3.jpg

hawk4.jpg

hawk5.jpg

hawk6.jpg

hawk7.jpg

hawk8.jpg

Last edited:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Those pre-painted ones are quite good my son built Hans Hahns Bf 109F and it's quite a nice looking plain

Good things to learn on I think :smiling3:

P

Polux

I'm not an aeroplanes expert, but I think they look very nice ;)

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
A nice start to your own personal collection .

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
a nice little collection you have there looking good ;)

D

dubster72

They're all really nice, although I have a soft spot for the chunky Thunderbolt!

Really good to see father & son sharing their hobby :smiling3:

Cheers

Patrick

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Very nice, I like them very much and think good work all round.

Si:smiling3:

D

Deleted member 3568

Nice collection. I don't have a son to share my hobby :sad: but it's nice to see

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work Paul and mini-Paul. The pre-painted kits look like a good way to get started for a wee one. Nice paint work on the Hawk, I know that wrap-around camouflage patterns are not easy to do, so well done.

P

Paul Daniell

Thanks guys we are getting through some kits now but our to favorites are our Hurricane and the Thunderbolt that we have made next up is a LA 7. Learning something new on this one as well how to use filler. :P

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

A nice start. Great to see some old tool kits being built again.

John

P

Paul Daniell

Hi John we mainly only build old kits as they are cheep. They are hit and miss some are really good some are shocking lol:smiling3: