A Inheritance?

Easyrider5258

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
I was asked by a relative who knew I was interested in models her son left in her loft over 30 years ago and no longer interested in them
About 8 kits in various states of dismemberment and missing parts
Am wondering what to do with them? restore/ sell/ or recycle?
in the stash;

Messerschmitt Me 163 Komet1/24th?
Ju 87 1/24th
Spitfire 1/24th
Mosquito 1/24th
Liberator 1/72nd
Sunderland 1/72nd
Hercules 1/72nd
Dakota 1/72nd?

Gave the Dakota a quick wash
IMG_1711.jpeg
IMG_1712.jpeg

Last edited:

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
I was asked by a relative who knew I was interested in models her son left in her loft over 30 years ago and no longer interested in them
About 8 kits in various states of dismemberment and missing parts
Am wondering what to do with them? restore/ sell/ or recycle?
Gave the Dakota a quick wash
View attachment 505463
View attachment 505464
You could always start your own aircraft graveyard!! Make a good display, weathering done for you too ;) :smiling: !!!!!

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
You can always eBay them as 'spares or repairs' or 'completed' models, after a clean-up. Just remember postage and packing costs and eon't expect to make much, except maybe on the big Stuka. All depends on condition

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
IMHO, are they in your "area of interest"?
If yes, they can be restored if possible or, disassembled - always if possible - become spare parts.
If not, you can recycle them (aka bin them) or unleash your fantasy and create some dystopian/fantasy/steampunk world models.

Easyrider5258

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Shame the Stuka missing its complete propeller assembly as Airfix are still selling this kit I wonder If I can get spares from them and whether it will fit? I have the battered box for this and sprures with parts still on them, just missing the prop, might be worth a restore? looks more or less complete otherwise

Untitled by Mark Handley, on Flickr

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Shame the Stuka missing its complete propeller assembly as Airfix are still selling this kit I wonder If I can get spares from them and whether it will fit? I have the battered box for this and sprures with parts still on them, just missing the prop, might be worth a restore? looks more or less complete otherwise

Untitled by Mark Handley, on Flickr

From past experience, Airfix have an excellent spares and parts replacement service. Usually they'd send the whole sprue. Not sure though if they'd charge, other than postage, for a recovered old bird like this

But then, you could always try a hanger queen / maintenance dio

You can likely find sets of markings out there too