A question?

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
if you bought a tank model and this was included in the features of the kit what would you expect

Pressed wheels with perforated rubber tires and rims !

D

dubster72

Not knowing which kit it is makes it hard to comment, but if a feature that's listed on the box isn't present then that's false advertising & you're entitled to a refund.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Well I could take it back and use this as a reason to get my Money back but it's a nice kit so I won't

This would apply to any kit really if you read that on the side of a box you would expect to get what it says

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I take it is supposed to have separate wheels and rubber track tyres?

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Your spot on mate , the statement the special addition of Academy's T34/85 and that is stated on the box but the wheels are solid plastic , very detailed mind but still if you see the word rubber on the box your expecting to get rubber , there's no mention of rubber in the instructions

Great kit though lots of parts detailed plastic tracks with seperate links at the bends , pe bed spring armour and a real looking cast turret you don't get that on a lot of T34 kits :smiling3:

D

dubster72

I know that kit & it's slightly misleading to be fair! But personally the thought of separate rubber rims doesn't work for me - they can be a PITA to glue & paint!

btw the cast texture on the turret is rather overdone - compare it to a DML kit & you'll see what I mean! And good luck with the ejection pin marks on the tracks - too much filling & sanding for me!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I thought the rubber trims would be good , the injection pin marks are very shallow and on the inside of the track so the wheels will cover that

You make a good point about the turret but that's to my advantage, with what I have in mind , I won't be giving it a dark wash I will highlight the top with a lighter colour this will hide the depth of the turret surface , it will look even better if I do a winter version :smiling3: