academy heavy tank tiger 1 early production , with full interior

D

dubster72

I'll be watching Steve, I've always fancied having a go at one of these Academy interior kits. Will you be doing a cutaway? 

S

steve5

hadn't thought of that Patrick , was going to  do a top and bottom half like the side of the box .

D

dubster72

hadn't thought of that Patrick , was going to  do a top and bottom half like the side of the box .

That would work, I saw a YouTube video of a guy building the new Takom King Tiger & he did something similar to show off the interior detail. 

On his one, the upper hull was separate, as was the turret roof. He displayed it on a large piece of polished wood with each section in line from the hull to the turret. 

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice start with this one,Steve,it is a bit tricky know how or which way to display it will be standing

by ,to see what you do,with it, :D

D

Deleted member 3568

This is a superb kit mate, it's what got me back into plastic kits. 

S

steve5

That would work, I saw a YouTube video of a guy building the new Takom King Tiger & he did something similar to show off the interior detail. 

On his one, the upper hull was separate, as was the turret roof. He displayed it on a large piece of polished wood with each section in line from the hull to the turret. 

I saw the same one , andy's hobby headquqrter's ,he's the reason I'm having a go at tank's ,

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Fantastic kit! That should keep you busy for a while ;)  A few years back I was gifted a bunch of armor kits from the dear wife of a deceased friend and this box was one of them. Well I couldn't wait to get home only to find the box was just a scrap box :sad: :sad: :sad: .........Jim :|

S

steve5

Fantastic kit! That should keep you busy for a while ;)  A few years back I was gifted a bunch of armor kits from the dear wife of a deceased friend and this box was one of them. Well I couldn't wait to get home only to find the box was just a scrap box :sad: :sad: :sad: .........Jim :|

I would have been equally upset jim , I can really recommend the kit , the only fault I have found so far is the steering wheel join , it is so flimsy

20161127_152056[1].jpg

Last edited:
S

steve5

did a bit of a dry fit of the drive train everything goes together well , the motor is a bit of a bear to get in to sit right  , but I don't think I'll have to even glue it in , right everything out and paint

20161127_152043[1].jpg

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
this is coming along very nicely Steve,like what I,m seeing, :D

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice Steve,the trans and engine,colors like good,along with the battery,well done so far, :D

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Very nice. The dry brushing has worked really well.