Achilles Ridgerunner - Warhammer 40K

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Excellent work andy ( and fast!) , tiny thing isnt it , looks about the same size as a matchbox car . As for the colour scheme , its your model and a fictitious subject so no one can say its the wrong colour . I think its fantastic , cheers tony

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Not my genre Andy but by 'eck that's good. Really small so even more credit to you.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
the purists would have a fit at the colour & markings
Better hope none of them sees it to point out that you’ve got Ork markings on what seems to be an Imperial Guard whatever they’re called nowadays vehicle ;)

I’ve been out of 40K for long enough that I didn’t know this thing even exists, but you’ve certainly made it look good.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks all, it was a fun little kit to fill in some time before the biplane GB starts. I've got a few days left so may revise the figures and make a base for it.

Yes Jakko, my lad rolled his eyes at the markings (and lack of detail on the faces) :rolling: I wanted something in black to go with the hand painted black stripes and they were what I could find. Knowing nothing about these things I made a boo boo :smiling5:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Just call them renegade, defector, xenos-loving heretics and you’re good ;)

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
You could put a big red stripe or cross over the orc logo and call it an 'orkilla' or something

Of course, that may end up looking like a Ghostbusters logo!

VERY nice weathering job I'd say. And what did do for the orange lidhts?

Oh, and if a Warty Trowels 'purist' DOES say something just say ' the Horus Heresy was invented as a cheap way to sell the same set of figures twice'

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Regardless of what it is. Should be , might be , it's damned good !
Matron just said she would like a real one , think she was impressed with the inoculation look alike gun .
Got yourself

2020DB.jpg
Again , congratulations Andy .

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thank you John! I think matron could do a lot of damage with a real one :surprised:

VERY nice weathering job I'd say. And what did do for the orange lidhts?
Thanks.

I painted them white first, then added layers of thinned AK clear orange until I got the look I was after.