Ade's 1:24th North American P51D Mustang

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Nice start. Always nice to see an engine. Which, by the way, you won't be seeing in my build !

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Looks good. I used polished aluminium on a 1:72 Mustang, rather than chrome, but even then that might still be a bit too shiny. Nice to see how well it buffs up.

P

phalinmegob

well done adrian,you are wizzing along with this, did you manage to get those tiny clips to work in the wing flaps or did you not bother. i have spent the last hour trying to get one to fit in the rear wing flap and i am about to give up and just glue the whole thing together.

First Name
Adrian
\ said:
well done adrian,you are wizzing along with this, did you manage to get those tiny clips to work in the wing flaps or did you not bother. i have spent the last hour trying to get one to fit in the rear wing flap and i am about to give up and just glue the whole thing together.
They fitted ok but are useless and don't work once in place, still debating gear up or down will dry fit and see what it looks like

Adrian

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Love that red tail. Looking really good Ade.

P

phalinmegob

mine may well be ready for crewe as well adrian, will see you there.

P

phalinmegob

i have ended up glueing all the flaps in place, snapped two of them off and the others were too tight to move anyway

First Name
Adrian
Well, Lollipoop is almost done now, just some issues to resolve from dropping it, like fixing the canopy frame which broke off, re-sealing the right hand wing along the tip which reopened. Then there's the case of matching up the front diamond decals to my paint colour, I'm thinking of masking them off and spraying with my paint choice... I've decided to do it wheels up as the lack of detail on the under carriage is shocking but what should I expect from a 1972 moulding ! Baring any more incidents I should have it done for the Crewe show on Sunday.

View attachment 100519

I had more pictures but getting a security error when they try to load up, oh well comments welcomed as always.

Adrian

004.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Looks awesome Adrian, very smart and well built and painted. Am I imagining things or did I reply to a thread earlier for a 1/24 Mustang from you? Are you building two of them?

First Name
Adrian
\ said:
Looks awesome Adrian, very smart and well built and painted. Am I imagining things or did I reply to a thread earlier for a 1/24 Mustang from you? Are you building two of them?
Haha no, the other is Andy's P51 :smiling3:

Adrian

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
I had more pictures but getting a security error when they try to load up, oh well comments welcomed as always.
Could be the image file is too large...

Also could I ask that you stop altering (adding to) the title of the thread it confuses the search function and Google

That looks very nice. I like the BMF

Ian M

First Name
Adrian
I was trying to let people know there had been progress, I'll Consider myself told, I wont bother posting in future

Adrian

D

dougie

Very nice so far, paint looks good with the scale in the pics

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Adrian

The Mustang look very nice and I can't believe what you've achieved in the time frame! That is some quick and skillful building.

Cheers

P