"Advance" - 1/72 Eastern Front

G

Greg147

Hi all,

Here's a quick 1/72 diorama I've put together over the past week as an attempt to reduce the height of my stash. Mainly, I wanted to experiment with using a photo frame as a base, but I also decided to do it without buying anything new.

The KV-1 is from PST, which I brought on offer for £3 about a year ago. The figures are Revell, and unfortunately one of their less detailed sets. The Kubelwagen was something I found constructed in a box from when I was about nine, looking generally like the work of a nine year old ;) I gave it a new paintjob, added some decals I had spare off a Tiger tank, and gave it a bit of weathering. I have no idea what kit it was, but I guess it's an Airfix one.

Anyway, here's some pics. Enjoy.

View attachment 35241

View attachment 35242

View attachment 35243

View attachment 35244

View attachment 35245

View attachment 35246

DSCF0963.jpg

DSCF0961.jpg

DSCF0960.jpg

DSCF0959.jpg

DSCF0962.jpg

DSCF0958.jpg

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
its a quality little dio captured the action really well nice one

geegad

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Loads going on and plenty to look at in a small space.

I particularily like the way you have achieved the muddy road....

Nice one Dan!

Cheers,

Ron

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That's very nicely done in that scale.

Gern

F

Fenlander

Very brave to take on a 1/72 dio and you have done it very well. Nice animation and a realistic composition. Great job.

AFC

First Name
Andre
Very nice dio...and the pics are just in the right order showing the soldiers looking for something making us want to see the next pic to see if they found it or not :smiling3:

N

noble

Nice little dio dan iam always amazed how you guys can work with 1/72 i can see to work in that small well done.

scott

G

Greg147

Thanks for the comments guys, glad to see you like it. I think I'll be doing most of my dioramas this sort of size from now on, seeing as I'm running out of space to store them all :smiling3:

Oh, and Scott, it's Greg, not Dan ;)