aerokit plans

D

dipstick

hi i am trying to find some plans for the aerokits fire launch, and i was wondering if anyone know were i can find some.

thanks

chris

R

riggers24

Hi

Give cauldercraft a call as they hold the rights to the aerokit range. Hope this helps

Marc

:nana:

R

riggers24

If I remember right the price you pay at jokita/cauldercraft isn't anywhere near what lesro are wanting for his plans

Riggers

R

RAF Malta

RAF Range Safety Launch Aerokits

Hi - I have bought opne of these old aerokits (Launch 1640) in dilapidated condition and need to find the original plans for this. It's got maney parts missing etc.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

George

D

dipstick

hey george,

if it is the plans you are looking for go to lesro though the link that andyk posted, they do the 3/4" to 1ft (3ft model), and the 1" to 1ft (4ft model)

if it the fittings you are looking for then model slipway sell them for the 3ft model -http://www.modelslipway.com/

hope it helps.

chris

S

sonparc

Aerokits plans

I have just found this topic,I am also trying to renovate a 36" version.

Just finished installing new motors and radio for steering and speed control so deceided it was time for a quick trial in the domestic test tank.

Everything works BUT quickly discovered it leaks like a sieve! Yes ,I should have tried this first!

Does anyone know of any flowable compound that I could pour into the bottom of the hull that would set hard and seal it.

Thanks

Sonparc

B

Bunkerbarge

You could paint it inside and out with fibre glass resin. You can get a tin from Halfords for about a fiver. Pour plenty into the hull and let it flow all around the insides so that it completely coats the internals.

If you don't do the same or something similar on the outsides the wood will rot and you will be left with a floating fibreglass shell!!

You really could do with finding where the water came from though so that you can fix it properly, then the outsides might only need a good filling, priming and painting.

S

sonparc

Thanks Bunkerbarge I will be off to Halfords and I will try your suggestion.

N

new to trains

Thanks Bunkerbarge I will be off to Halfords and I will try your suggestion.
dont forget the hardener/ catalyst too- and mix in the correct proportions - too much catalyst and it will set before you swish it around and too little and ther resin will remain tacky for ages !- the resin will also warm up during the curing process so be warned, i think its called an exothemric reaction, and do it in a well ventilated area/ outdoors, - call into the local petrol station on the way back from halfords and ' borrow' several pairs of the disposable gloves from the deisel pump !- you will need them- and good luck

D

dipstick

sonparc another way i found that stops the boat from leaking is model dope, i get it from my local model shop and a coat or two inside and out will stop any leaks.

but as bunkerbarge said you should find the leak and fill it with some filler.

and when it is finished mark sure you post some pictures.