Afghan Chinook MERT

N

no1coycaa

Hi everyone,

I`m looking at doing a modern Chinook ( British ) MERT ( Medical Emergency Response Team ) . I know this will be an uphill struggle but really would like to ( pardon the pun ) "get this off the ground".

I have sourced plenty of British figures

Dragon 1/35 British Desert Rats Elite Forces LTD D3013

Military Models and 1/35 Scale Models by Accurate Armour

Just need a stretcher bearer set to convert?? any help

The chinook will be ( with some conversions )

Trumpeter 1/35 Boeing CH-47A Chinook # 05104

The main issue I know I will have is trying to find a crew for the Aircraft, there is a modern american set that I can convert.....

Trumpeter 1/35 US Army Helicopter Crew 2003 # 00415

Any help ? ideas? all welcome

In advance, many thanks.....:smile1:

K

D

dm73

Hi, if your building a modern chinhook you should go for the CH 47D Buy Trumpeter TU05105 1:35 scale from Hannants. We sell Aircraft kits (injection), models, decals, paints & books., i think the 47A was used in Vietnam but i'm sure someone will come along with a bit more info

D

dead-mans-click

Sound good buddy, its going to be a hard one though lol. i don't know if you know before you waste loads of time on the internet looking but the MERT/IRT is no different on the out side from any other Chinook on OP HERRICK at the moment.

They are pretty much the same inside layout wise aswel apart from being crammed full of med kit. Cant wait to see the finished result of this though.

Lewis

Hi guys . Been a long time. Away doing other things but making a start on this one now . Some new and great kits out there to really get my teeth into .... found a British ATV quad bike with figures (not released yet) which will compliment this diorama well.

Keep you all posted and pictures as I go along .

\ said:
Hi guys . Been a long time. Away doing other things but making a start on this one now . Some new and great kits out there to really get my teeth into .... found a British ATV quad bike with figures (not released yet) which will compliment this diorama well.
Any points or assistance would be greatly appreciated

D

Dave1973

47a variant chinook is resup/deploy models mainly used by both the RAFR Way back In the 60s and Vietnam with the USAlC

This model was discontinued use in 1967 and the airframe was revamped and the engine junks for new Lycoming turbo shafts, more lift power,

This was done again in the 80s and the airframe again changed, more strength, bigger nose, etc and then revamped again to the MK3 to-4 models.

Unless you're doing a POST 2008 model, then ignore the Mk5 variants.

For Mert variant, the interior had various modifications made to incorporate kit and surgical systems. In my experience, they were all slightly different, being modded by the crews working them.

Get some pics of the interiors, and that will guide you well!

Hope this helps. And look forward to seeing this one!!

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Airfix do a quad bike set with riders in 1/48 what scale are you doing ? I'm looking forward to seeing this one come together if your doing a build thread.

\ said:
47a variant chinook is resup/deploy models mainly used by both the RAFR Way back In the 60s and Vietnam with the USAlC
This model was discontinued use in 1967 and the airframe was revamped and the engine junks for new Lycoming turbo shafts, more lift power,

This was done again in the 80s and the airframe again changed, more strength, bigger nose, etc and then revamped again to the MK3 to-4 models.

Unless you're doing a POST 2008 model, then ignore the Mk5 variants.

For Mert variant, the interior had various modifications made to incorporate kit and surgical systems. In my experience, they were all slightly different, being modded by the crews working them.

Get some pics of the interiors, and that will guide you well!

Hope this helps. And look forward to seeing this one!!
Thanks for those tips Dave. Will research the subject further to ensure authentication

\ said:
Airfix do a quad bike set with riders in 1/48 what scale are you doing ? I'm looking forward to seeing this one come together if your doing a build thread.
Doing it in 1.35 scale Papa...

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
You might find this useful,

http://www.ipms-farnborough.co.uk/index.php?id=chinook_review