after the bombs fell

N

noble

Hi folks this is something I have been working on the past few months, this is july 10th 1944 after the british and Canadian forces entered Caen, to be greeted by a city of rubble. The remaining survivours are making an effort to clear the streets to aid the allied advance.

This diorama is in 1/35 scale and the vehicles are a mix of Tamiya and italeri, the figures are a mix of minimart, preiser, and Tamiya. I hope you like it and as usual all comments are most welcome be they good or bad.

scott

View attachment 68147

View attachment 68148

View attachment 68149

View attachment 68150

View attachment 68151

View attachment 68152

View attachment 68153

View attachment 68154

View attachment 68155

View attachment 68156

Caen 1.jpg

Caen 2.jpg

Caen 3.jpg

Caen 4.jpg

Caen 5.jpg

Caen 6.jpg

Caen 7.jpg

Caen 8.jpg

Caen 9.jpg

Caen 10.jpg

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
got them...thats one stunning dio so much detail one that i or you i should imagine you will never get board of looikng at.... :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

N

noble

Cheers john, something I decided to do after reading about the battle.

scott

J

John Huggins

I'm loving it Scott, plenty to see & well layed out.

I'ff i my just point out one thing on the down side, what happend to the missing track on the Tiger.

John

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Yep, I noticed the missing track, maybe a different German unit took it for added defence on their Tiger. Superb modelling, kudos to you sir, 5 star all the way.

Si:smiling3:

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Absolutely outstanding Scott......... 5 BIG ***** from me matey.

Peter

First Name
Jason
Very impressive job Scott! How many hours does something this complex take??

Jason

N

noble

\ said:
I'm loving it Scott, plenty to see & well layed out.I'ff i my just point out one thing on the down side, what happend to the missing track on the Tiger.

John
The panzer was hit further down the street and continued moving with the crewe dead. It ran off its track and impacted the phone pole and stopped.

Scott

N

noble

\ said:
Very impressive job Scott! How many hours does something this complex take??Jason
Approximately 3-4hours per evening for about 3 months.

Scott

P

Polux

Wow! That's a truly beauty, Scott!!

Very worked diorama on all the senses! Plenty to see, fantastic effects and excellent figures.

Well..the five stars doesn't exist now...I give you seven! Of seven, of course! ;)

Polux

First Name
Jason
\ said:
Approximately 3-4hours per evening for about 3 months.Scott
:eek: Now that's commitment! Worth it though Mate, it's stunning!!

Jason

C

CDW

I know how much time these larger dioramas take so appreciate the commitment this would have taken.

Absolutely brilliant mate ...

5 stars.... 10/10 ... A++... take your pick ..or have the lot :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Brilliant stuff Scott, and as has been written, plenty to see and yes, very well painted.

A quite believable scenario.

Excellent work...

Ron

J

John Huggins

\ said:
The panzer was hit further down the street and continued moving with the crewe dead. It ran off its track and impacted the phone pole and stopped.Scott
Thanks for clearing that up for me Scott, silly me.

John

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Simply gobsmacking scott, i cant believe how much attention to detail there is , the whole thing is superbly built,painted ,arranged , i just love it , a definite show winner , cheers tony

N

noble

Cheers folks I really appreciate the comments much appreciated.

Scott