AFV 1/35 SCALE STURMTIGER.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I second what the gentlemen have said on the brickwork and sliding doors John. On attaining fine sand I grind my dirt until dust for scale effect.

Cheers,
Richard

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Men many thanks for the kind comments.
Jim ...... Yes indeed that has a strange resemblance to the last rabble party. My good friend Steve " Rivet" Jones is the one with his head down, fretting about camo and Dak. :flushed: Mr V2 Dewire is the one on the left with a vacant look, muttering about cable drums me , sitting in the middle, confused by Dragon instruction sheets. I had brown hair in those days,:smiling3::smiling3::smiling3:
Si......... Cheers, are you back from your holiday yet, rested and tanned ?
Jim......Thank you
Paul.....Kind as ever, cheers.
Steve..... Very kind of you.
Richard..... Thanks, now that is a good idea, I shall run it by Management......... :sad: ( she has a very nice pedestal and mortar )..................... said NO...... oh well worth a try :disappointed:.

Right onwards, did some more work to the bricks, just minor shading, going to have put some more pigment on the back wall , as most of the right hand side fell out when I cut open a door way. Made a door, in fact its supposed to be a sliding to the left, added some plastic strip to a sheet of 5 mm foam board and some cross banding , bolt heads and a slide handle. The main doors had some coach bolt heads so used some rivet head, they look about right. Both doors sets have been primed and painted, and have had some weathering added.

_MG_3759.JPG
RSJ has had rust colour applied, then some pigment, that's the lighter , but no very easy to see on the photo. Noe the front, the doors are only resting behind the face, i've given them some slight wear. When I have the exact position marked I shal inset sone thin plastic strip to represent the metal track . Should be fun.
_MG_3762.JPG
The bottom of the front is stone, so I will tidy that part up later.

Now for the wall, Danny had made a good point about seeing in, and maybe removing some of a wall but I've decided to make the roof removable as the base fits inside my shelving and the open side would not be seen. I did make an opening, but when placed on the shelf there was hardly any room to see in.
Now many will know I like a bit of timber, so set to and in a very short time.

_MG_3765.JPG
One repaired wall, the Engineers came in and did a quick boarding up job.

_MG_3763.JPG
This looks far better to me than just a plain brick wall. Thanks to Danny. :thumb2:

Right thought this was interesting, this morning the postman delivered this.

_MG_3768.JPG
Had I ordered it ? I had to think, but looking inside was a note from the seller of the T26 tank. I had written to him via Ebay thanking him for a very well packed parcel. He replied saying it was how he like to receive things himself, he asked about what I built, unfortunately he has no more armour left from his once 3000 strong stash that he is selling off, manly due to failing eyesight, arthritis and age, and had decided to send me this book . What a kind thing to do, just shows the spirit of modellers. If any one is interested he has a load of 1/72 planes on auction on E bay, said he had about 1300 to go

Thanks for those very kind remarks. :thumb2:
John .

Last edited:
H

HerrElektrika

I was always intrigued by this strange but yet intimidating beast lol. Look forward to seeing completed

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I was always intrigued by this strange but yet intimidating beast lol. Look forward to seeing completed
Hi Steven...... thanks for looking in, its a bit of a beast indeed.
John.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
This just keeps getting better. I love the makeshift wall repair. If the engineers just came in to do a quick boarding up would there be a pile of fallen bricks?
Love the story behind the book. A nice thought from a nice guy.
Jim

D

Daniel Horvath

John amazing progress absolutely love everything the doors the walls sliding doors repaired wall only one thing I can say is Stunning! Well done sir can’t wait to see more! Best regards Danny

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Don’t stick your head down that barrel! :tongue-out:
Steven ..... In an earlier photo there was a ladder up against the barrel. Looked like some one had fallen in, ive seen a photo of an American with his head sticking out of the barrel.:smiling:
John, stop it! This is getting too good.
Peter....... :smiling3: Thank you, feel in my element doing anything with buildings.
Hi John
This just keeps getting better. I love the makeshift wall repair. If the engineers just came in to do a quick boarding up would there be a pile of fallen bricks?
Love the story behind the book. A nice thought from a nice guy.
Jim
Hi Jim....... Yes quite right about some debris, I'm going to have a bit against the foot of the wall when I assemble the building. What a nice chap indeed.
John amazing progress absolutely love everything the doors the walls sliding doors repaired wall only one thing I can say is Stunning! Well done sir can’t wait to see more! Best regards Danny
Cheers Danny....... Enjoying this part best when I do a diorama, give me a building any day.
Thanks guys. Might be more tomorrow, please retain your seat No's.:hungry:
John.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
John, I think you'd be using the pestle and mortar more often so get yourself one. There are some cute smaller sets. Also handy to grind old dried enamel paints for pigments.

Cheers,
Richard

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Love the building John :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

and that free book!! - very kind of the chap

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
You’ve done yourself proud again John, some lovely building work :smiling4:

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Glad I had the chance to pop my head in to see this masterpiece of a build going on ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John, I think you'd be using the pestle and mortar more often so get yourself one. There are some cute smaller sets. Also handy to grind old dried enamel paints for pigments.

Cheers,
Richard
Hi Richard.... Christine has kindly said I can use it , no excuses now.
Love the building John :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

and that free book!! - very kind of the chap
Thanks Simon... Not a bad book either, plenty of great photos, one with a Russian hull with a Panzer 3 turret !
What Mr T said:thumb2::cool:
Thanks Steve.:smiling3:
You’ve done yourself proud again John, some lovely building work :smiling4:
Hi Si.... Thanks.
Glad I had the chance to pop my head in to see this masterpiece of a build going on ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Joe.....Thanks for stopping by, hope things are ok.

Not had much time at the bench, been putting a new liner in the pond. Had to work quickly today as all the fish had been netted and put into water barrels. So as not to cause too much shock the liner is in, refilled with the barrel water and fresh, and a happy 40 plus fish swimming around exploring. Now comes the hard part , replanting and a rebuild of the water inlet. Hope to get some work on the dio. All the bits are in, a one roof section completed. Will post some photos tomorrow.
Thanks guys.
John.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
John,
Sounds like you have some happy fish. No pressure but get back to your bench I want to see some more of your great build.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Am watching this one John, and might I say that's some fantastic work your doing there my friend.

Jim

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John,
Sounds like you have some happy fish. No pressure but get back to your bench I want to see some more of your great build.
Hi Paul........ Happy fish indeed.
IMG_3798.JPGIMG_3800.JPG
The first photo was yesterday, covering the old fiberglass pond up . This was the state of play at 4 30 to day ,still the water inlet from the filter in the bee hive to do . so flat out tomorrow as rain is coming.:smiling3:

Am watching this one John, and might I say that's some fantastic work your doing there my friend.

Jim

Thanks Jim. ...... you should like these next photos.

This selection of photos comes from some work over the week end and the odd hr here and there.
Last photo is of the first of 4 roof spans, really enjoyed doing these, fiddly but worth the effort, even though not a lot will bee seen .

_MG_3778.JPG_MG_3781.JPG_MG_3783.JPGIMG_3802.JPGIMG_3803.JPG_MG_3808.jpgR1.jpg
Can't get all the figures or the maintenance kit in, so will save those for another build.
Thanks for looking in, comments welcome.
John .

D

Daniel Horvath

Very nice work John congratulations! Is it a completed piece or still work need to be done? Either way i love it ! The position of the figures the came off track and all the little accessories makes a great scene! Most of your pictures from above! Could you make one from the front so we see through the doors ? You have one but a closer one please ehehe Best regards Danny

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Really looking good. Like Dan I am impressed with all the details which add a lot to the overall Dio
Jim