AFV 1/35 SCALE STURMTIGER.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Damn Dude 2,

You really hammered it this time buddy, A shame you had to leave out a few pieces, but what you have left is totally fantubious. You really have a knack for this. The building looks fine, the Sturmi great and the figs tie it all together. What more could a man want. But the absolute best is that the fish are happy and have a new liner in the pond!!! The downside is no Fish and Chips party at Race Towers this weekend...….

Prost
Allen

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very nice work John congratulations! Is it a completed piece or still work need to be done? Either way i love it ! The position of the figures the came off track and all the little accessories makes a great scene! Most of your pictures from above! Could you make one from the front so we see through the doors ? You have one but a closer one please ehehe Best regards Danny
Danny........ Thanks for your comment. Not finished yet, the roof frame to do, corrugared sheets to make. Once those have been made they will be treated to give a rust effect,then fitted. Still thinking of how much damage to do to the roof on the right hand side above the timber repairs.This is where Ibwould like to have a removable tarp to show the internals. I will show
some photos from the front tomorrow.
Hi John
Really looking good. Like Dan I am impressed with all the details which add a lot to the overall Dio
Jim
Thanks my friend, glad your enjoying the build.
Terrific stuff John - the garden and the dio!
Peter.........Pity you couldn't come and help, know how you love gardening :smiling:.

Damn Dude 2,

You really hammered it this time buddy, A shame you had to leave out a few pieces, but what you have left is totally fantubious. You really have a knack for this. The building looks fine, the Sturmi great and the figs tie it all together. What more could a man want. But the absolute best is that the fish are happy and have a new liner in the pond!!! The downside is no Fish and Chips party at Race Towers this weekend...….

Prost
Allen
Dude 1 ......Thank you kind sir. No fish and chips sorry to say. :smiling:
John,
That is a cracking build love the roof truss.
Thanks Paul........ I have enjoyed this dio and build, been more of a challenge, esp with the camp. The roof is time consuming, but so satisfying when it comes together.
Thanks for the likes as well as those comments. As I said to Danny hopefully tomorrow I can set up the photo booth and get a front shot.

John.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
John,
Great progress! Both building and pond...carp, koi or?
Cheers,
Rick H.

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi John, I've been lurking in background watching this come together and you do not disappoint, I must say what a top job you are doing.:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
Pete.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Stunning work Mr Race!!You must be very pleased with the way it has turned out. All the attention to detail has paid off well. You must be nearly there now mate:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
John I’m with Steve outstanding!! I think it’s your best one yet! Don’t worry I’m coming back soon

First Name
Wouter
wow John, what a project again! Love this scene and the hangar in particular. Great work and attention to detail here!

Cheers

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Second that ;) nice progress, hanger looks good.
Kind regards,

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John,
Great progress! Both building and pond...carp, koi or?
Thanks Rick...... One 35 plus year old Ghost Koi, had him from a neighbour when she saw 2 that we had. They unfortunately died in the heat one summer, the others are a mix of fantail goldfish, plain goldfish, and a mismatch of Koi Goldfish cross. About 40 in total ! Oh and 4 frogs. I will post a few photos of the pond/fish.
Hi John, I've been lurking in background watching this come together and you do not disappoint, I must say what a top job you are doing.:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
Pete.
Thanks Pete...... Hope your still with us to read this !
Stunning work Mr Race!!You must be very pleased with the way it has turned out. All the attention to detail has paid off well. You must be nearly there now mate:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
Cheers friend..... Just the roof frame , then the corrugated, oh and the lights .

John I’m with Steve outstanding!! I think it’s your best one yet! Don’t worry I’m coming back soon
Very kind of you Lee. Don't be too long.:thumb2:
wow John, what a project again! Love this scene and the hangar in particular. Great work and attention to detail here!

Cheers
Thanks Wouter, ...... Nice to see you around again.
Second that ;) nice progress, hanger looks good.
Kind regards,
Welcome Steven..... And thank you for those kind words.
Not much to report, rather knackered my self recently, what with the new lawn, which has germinated, and the pond linner it has left me feeling rather tired. Realising I'm not in my 40s anymore !! :smiling::smiling2:
The roofing structure is time consuming, 1 and abit done out of 4. Looking fwd to making the corrugated roofing sheets, esp treating them with some Ferric Chloride . Full HSE to be followed using this !
Then the tarp to cover the missing roofing , oh and the lighting. The latter still under investigation regarding the bulb in output and physical size.
Simon will be pleased, a mass breakout of Pewter has occurred.......
Thanks again ,
John .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Wow,quite a collection! Looking forward to seeing that.
Cheers,
Rick H.

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Wow,quite a collection! Looking forward to seeing that.
Cheers,
Rick H.
Hi Rick...... I've pm'd you some photos.

Good evening , as promised a few photos of the front of the building.
Not yet finished, but the Pewter above the door has been primed and undercoated, along with the down pipe and hopper head. That was also made with some Pewter, forms so well, just used a piece of plastic card for the base, drilled a hole for the black pipe, and formed the Pewter around it . No idea where that came from, but must have been in the "THAT WILL COME IN SOMETIME BOX ". Made two Pewter brkts, the only thing I could think of to glue the whole lot to the foam board was some UHU. The trouble with that is it can string, and you need to be quick and catch it.
Managed to get two more roof sections finished to night, one to do then the roofing sheets. So not long now.:smiling3:

_MG_3827.jpgA2.jpg

_MG_3830.jpgA1.jpg

Sorry a bit dark. but it is at night !:hungry:

_MG_3831.JPG
A bit better.
_MG_3829.jpgA3.jpg
All comments welcome, hints, ideas, and anything else, NO STEVE, not that I shall tell Matron.!

John .
Anyone heard from Pete ?

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Looking splendid John and the dark-ish pictures add atmosphere....obviously as you intended :tongue-out3::thumb2:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
John,

Top work my friend I can smell the oil and here the ring of the tools.

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi John great work, love all the little details there everywhere, I'm like Si I like the intent lighting :tongue-out3: it adds to the overall look.
Pete.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John your stuck with me I'm afraid.
Pete.
Good job too ! :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
Looking splendid John and the dark-ish pictures add atmosphere....obviously as you intended :tongue-out3::thumb2:
Of course Si...... :smiling2: Thought it was lighter, had one lamp inside pointing down and three out side, thought rude words when I saw how they had come out.:smiling3::smiling3::thinking:. Oh well will try harder :nerd: glad you liked it.
John,

Top work my friend I can smell the oil and here the ring of the tools.
Thanks Paul....... Just hope the lights I get will convey the idea.
Hi John great work, love all the little details there everywhere, I'm like Si I like the intent lighting :tongue-out3: it adds to the overall look.
Pete.
Pete.......Glad you like it as well , no good trying to bluff my way out with that's how I wanted it:smiling: far too dark, but you get the idea.

Thank you gents, I will surprise you one day with a perfect photo !:fearful:

John.:smiling4:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
John,
Terrific job. I too like the darkish environment. I think it adds a certain element of urgency that is accentuated by the figure poses. Sort of like a pit stop at the Saturday night races!:cool:
Cheers,
Rick H.

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Fabulous work John, great looking Sturm in an excellent building.:thumb2:
Great photo work with the lights in and on the building, the third one could be like the morning sun shining on the front of the workshop.:thinking::smiling: