AFV 1/35 SCALE STURMTIGER.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice chat this morning mate. Hope you can get some more work done on this awesome build soon.:cool::thumb2::thumb2:

Thanks Steve.......... If I can get some motivation !
John.:sad:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
If planting wall flowers isn't enough motivation to get you back to the bench then I dont know what is!!:smiling5::smiling5::smiling5::smiling3::smiling3:

Last edited:
Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
If planting wall flowers isn't enough motivation to get you back to the bench then I dont know what is!!:smiling5::smiling5::smiling5::smiling3::smiling3:

Steve............. I have done a bit, gave the left hand outer wall a wash and some wear. When that's dry going to cover the lower section in clingfilm and start on the roof. Still have tarp to finish.
J

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
John,
My humblest apologies I haven't seen this for a while but now I have had a catch up what can I say apart from excellent work the roof looks fantastic as does the rest of the build.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Loving it John :thumb2:

Jim.
Thanks Jim...... Its taken some time, seems to take even longer to finish. All those little bits that need to be done to tie it all in .

John,
My humblest apologies I haven't seen this for a while but now I have had a catch up what can I say apart from excellent work the roof looks fantastic as does the rest of the build.
Paul....... No apology needed, as I said to Jim its gone on an long while I surprised people still look in .:smiling2::smiling2: Most grateful that you have.
John.

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
John, very impressive build going on I see.. and equally impressive is the man cave pictures..I am jealous and wish that I could keep everything so organized and in place..

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
just gone through your thread and wow and wow again such a cracking level of detail on all the build look forward to seeing more

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Great looking pipe and nice start at the wall, looking forward to see the sign on it.:smiling:
Nice tidy cave too mate.:thumb2::thumb2:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John, very impressive build going on I see.. and equally impressive is the man cave pictures..I am jealous and wish that I could keep everything so organized and in place..
Hi Joe........ Thanks for looking in and commenting. The cave was the result of the shed having a refit, and the cave was my old office for work. Keeping it tidy is Christine ambition !! I tend to be messy......but no more .:smiling:

just gone through your thread and wow and wow again such a cracking level of detail on all the build look forward to seeing more
Thanks John....... for reading through and those kind comments.

Great looking pipe and nice start at the wall, looking forward to see the sign on it.:smiling:
Nice tidy cave too mate.:thumb2::thumb2:
Thanks Fernando........ I've printed it on normal printer paper, the font was as near as I can get on my printer list. Hope it will look right.

Thank you .
John .

Last edited:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Evening, its dark out side, so can't do any gardening. No Steve I don't want a torch strapped to my head thank you !

Decide to push on with the build, all this pandemonium have to say left me feeling quite down hearted, and really for two days had hardly any interest in modelling.

So today I masked off the building from the roof, the left hand side had been filled and cut back. At the beginning I had no intention of showing any of the sides, it just happened when I did the guttering and that hole on the right side.

Using a mix of white primmer by Vallejo and some AK light wood I resprayed the whole roof to tone in and blend it in. Once that was done a liberal dusting with Pinnacle Pigments , dry brushed down. At this point it looked a little false so out with a wet fan brush and a piece of kitchen towel I dragged the wet brush down the roof, removing most of the top pigment.
Once this was dry a scattering of Silver Birch seeds which look like maple leaves in the autumn and the odd clump o grass were placed on the lower roof to guttering. Also a little run of water based wash with a green to give the impression of that green slime in gutters.

_MG_3958.jpgR1.jpg_MG_3959.jpgR2.jpg_MG_3961.jpgR4.jpg
Hopefully the pigment fixer fromAK will dry and not leave that wet looking patch around the leaves.

Fernando had mention the signs, well I just printed out the nearest font I could find on the pc that was as near to the Bruchschrift font that was favored by the Germans.

_MG_3962.jpgR5.jpg
Government building keep out well words to that effect, and no smoking.
The tarp had some PE large eyelets :flushed::surprised::smiling: couldn't cut them any smaller and still see, and some sewing thread glued to them.
The long one over the roof will be fixed leaving the others able to be moved to see inside. Not that many people will ever see it, entry to the cave is by strict invitation only.:nerd:

_MG_3963.jpgR6.jpg
Well my friends after nearly 4 months I am nearly there. Thanks to those of you who have been with me since the start. those to have liked. The comments, mirth from a certain gentleman in the West Country and the general chat .Been great fun.
Tomorrow the tarp with have a little dry brushing and then the great switch on !!

See you tomorrow
John.

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Well its been four months of great fun for us too my friend. It's a shame it is drawing to a close now. It's been an epic journey and I for one are looking forward to the copious amounts of photos of the finished model. Good luck with the final touches.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Enjoyed the journey. Looking forward to the final photos.
Jim

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well its been four months of great fun for us too my friend. It's a shame it is drawing to a close now. It's been an epic journey and I for one are looking forward to the copious amounts of photos of the finished model. Good luck with the final touches.

Hi John
Enjoyed the journey. Looking forward to the final photos.
Jim

Hi my friends..... Glad you have, I've learnt a lot this time, esp using that putty, and camo.! With I might say some helpful suggestions and photos.

John.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well its done !!!!! I can hear cheers of gratitude that they are going to be spared more photos of corrugated sheets.

Took some out side shots, some bw and then tonight in the dark. ( No shouts from Rabble members saying that's better either Mr Jones )

Out side in colour, some bw more detailed and lastly in side in the dark.
Thanks for staying with this and giving me the mojo to carry on. always said modelling on ones own is no real fun.
ready, drum roll.
_MG_3965.jpg F1.jpg_MG_3968.JPG_MG_3969.JPG_MG_3972.JPG_MG_3973.JPG_MG_3974.JPG_MG_3975.JPG_MG_3976.JPG_MG_3977.JPG_MG_3978.JPG_MG_3965.jpg F1.jpg_MG_3979.JPG_MG_3965.jpg F1.jpg_MG_4000.jpgF3.jpg_MG_4002.JPG_MG_4007.jpgF4.jpg Thanks John.

D

Deleted member 6559

Very nice work indeed John - a monsterpiece! It's been fun following along - your enthusiasm is inspiring.

(Whats with all the avatars? Like the current one :thumb2:).

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very nice work indeed John - a monsterpiece! It's been fun following along - your enthusiasm is inspiring.

(Whats with all the avatars? Like the current one :thumb2:).

Thanks Peter......... Glad you enjoyed it, certainly a learning one for me. The avatars one for Remembrance week, then found the sleeping one, thought this was very appt as I enjoy my naps.
The last one , taken at the same time as the old one, but as its winter fancied a bit of colour.
John:smiling4:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
John,
stand up and take a bow mate. that is a great piece of work I have enjoyed this build immensely. The shots with the lights are excellent and reminds me of working into the night on repairs.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John,
stand up and take a bow mate. that is a great piece of work I have enjoyed this build immensely. The shots with the lights are excellent and reminds me of working into the night on repairs.
Thank you kind sir....... Glad you have stayed till the end.
John.
New offering coming up after tea !

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Mankind has reached the far edges of the galaxy and landed a man on the moon.
Mankind has climbed the highest mountains and plunged to the deepest depths.
Mankind has split the atom and gone faster than the speed of sound.
BUT NEVER has mankind produced a "Sturmtiger in a Garage" as epic as the model you have presented today.

From the start these many years months ago we have seen you create Zim, go wild over flecky camo, crimped foil, made pewter drainpipes, created wheel dollies but above all pigeon poo on light shades!!

You will receive phone calls from Presidents and knighthoods from Queens and they will all rejoice saying “Well done that man”.
In years to come grandchildren will sit on my knee and say “ Granddad where were you when JR presented his Sturmtiger”.

It has been an epic journey my friend which we have all enjoyed sharing with you. It has indeed been your finest hour and you can proudly place your dio on the pedestal for all to see.

I will leave you now to enjoy the tsunami of congratulations that will be deservedly heading your way.

giphy.gif

(For humour purposes only)

P.S More photos please mate:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2: