AFV 1/35 SCALE STURMTIGER.

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
simply stunning work here and love the light to show it of at night cracking idea look forward to seeing more of your work

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Mankind has reached the far edges of the galaxy and landed a man on the moon.
Mankind has climbed the highest mountains and plunged to the deepest depths.
Mankind has split the atom and gone faster than the speed of sound.
BUT NEVER has mankind produced a "Sturmtiger in a Garage" as epic as the model you have presented today.

From the start these many years months ago we have seen you create Zim, go wild over flecky camo, crimped foil, made pewter drainpipes, created wheel dollies but above all pigeon poo on light shades!!

You will receive phone calls from Presidents and knighthoods from Queens and they will all rejoice saying “Well done that man”.
In years to come grandchildren will sit on my knee and say “ Granddad where were you when JR presented his Sturmtiger”.

It has been an epic journey my friend which we have all enjoyed sharing with you. It has indeed been your finest hour and you can proudly place your dio on the pedestal for all to see.

I will leave you now to enjoy the tsunami of congratulations that will be deservedly heading your way.

giphy.gif

(For humour purposes only)

P.S More photos please mate:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
:smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
You have every reason to be very proud of what you have achieved. Superb model and great photos. It has been really fun to follow the build. Only problem is how do you follow this.
Jim

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Mankind has reached the far edges of the galaxy and landed a man on the moon.
Mankind has climbed the highest mountains and plunged to the deepest depths.
Mankind has split the atom and gone faster than the speed of sound.
BUT NEVER has mankind produced a "Sturmtiger in a Garage" as epic as the model you have presented today.

From the start these many years months ago we have seen you create Zim, go wild over flecky camo, crimped foil, made pewter drainpipes, created wheel dollies but above all pigeon poo on light shades!!

You will receive phone calls from Presidents and knighthoods from Queens and they will all rejoice saying “Well done that man”.
In years to come grandchildren will sit on my knee and say “ Granddad where were you when JR presented his Sturmtiger”.

It has been an epic journey my friend which we have all enjoyed sharing with you. It has indeed been your finest hour and you can proudly place your dio on the pedestal for all to see.

I will leave you now to enjoy the tsunami of congratulations that will be deservedly heading your way.

giphy.gif

(For humour purposes only)

P.S More photos please mate:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

Steve........ What can I say to that......... Er.... thank you. Have to thank you for some great photos from your never ending library. The dolly and the Tiger jacked up on the balks of timber so they could change the wheels back to fighting mode from transport gave me the idea of the trolley and the wheel off. So thanks goes to you as well. Unfortunately there is only the honour of being mentioned, and no other payment. But you can tell your grandchildren you were involved with the " Sturm in the Garage " :smiling::smiling2::smiling2: Cheers mate and thanks for all the support.
simply stunning work here and love the light to show it of at night cracking idea look forward to seeing more of your work
Thanks John....... I've really enjoyed this build, using the lights allowed me to try another dimension which I will use again.
Yes I agree Paul .:smiling2::smiling2::smiling2:
I agree stunning work john exspecaily the lighting,

james
Thanks James,...... Glad you too enjoyed the lights:smiling4:
Hi John
You have every reason to be very proud of what you have achieved. Superb model and great photos. It has been really fun to follow the build. Only problem is how do you follow this.
Jim
Cheers my friend....... Kind of you to stay and to comment like that....... Indeed what now.
Well I have a nice Tamiya SU 76 on the shelf, in fact two of them. So been thinking of one knocked out or broken down transferring ammo to the other. Have some Fruil tracks, PE, which would be used on the good one. Want to do a small dio, but full of detail. No fires , no lights.:smiling::smiling:
John.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
John,
What a wonderful end result, I would imagine your chuffed to bits, I know I would be :smiling4:
All the small details really bring it to life...and as has been said, the lighting icing on the cake :thumb2:
Well done that man:smiling4:

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Hi John,
Fantastic result, love the Sturm the lighting the garage and every small detail to complement them.:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
Great build and blog to follow, on to the next one....:smiling:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John,
What a wonderful end result, I would imagine your chuffed to bits, I know I would be :smiling4:
All the small details really bring it to life...and as has been said, the lighting icing on the cake :thumb2:
Well done that man:smiling4:
Hello do I know you ! :smiling::smiling2::smiling2::smiling2: are you new. Any way young Si..... Thank you.
Hi John,
Fantastic result, love the Sturm the lighting the garage and every small detail to complement them.:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
Great build and blog to follow, on to the next one....:smiling:
Cheers Fernando........ Kind of you to say.
John.
:thumb2:

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi John excellent piece of work you should be very proud of it, it will be hard to top and I can't add much that has not been said by everone else.
Very well done indeed :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:.
Pete.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John excellent piece of work you should be very proud of it, it will be hard to top and I can't add much that has not been said by everone else.
Very well done indeed :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:.
Pete.
Thanks Pete.....Very kind of you to say. Hope you liked the ammo all wrapped up in its wooden rails. :smiling2:
John.
John,

Stunning piece of work. The lighting effect is outstanding.

:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

Paul.
:smiling2:
Thanks Paul....... I have to say the lights were the icing on the cake for me. I loved the way the build went, and the way things just seemed to work. Just hope I can match it with the next !

John.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Very nicely finished up John, love the night time interior lighting shots, not an effect often seen here abouts.
Very creative indeed! There's always a good feeling when finishing up a project and you should be feeling
pretty darn good about this one

th
Jim

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very nicely finished up John, love the night time interior lighting shots, not an effect often seen here abouts.
Very creative indeed! There's always a good feeling when finishing up a project and you should be feeling
pretty darn good about this one

th
Jim

Thanks Jim....... Glad you enjoyed it, and not a body insight ! :flushed:
John.

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Hi John

sorry, missed the great reveal - just been catching up

Looks great with the illuminations :thumb2::thumb2:

Reactions: JR

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
I agree with Scottie stand up and take a bow my friend Mr. Race well executed! this is what I like about this forum so many great talents.

Reactions: JR