airbrush cleaning station

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I know this has been covered before at least once, Patrick (dubster72) showed a very nice one.

Anyway here is my simple, five minute to build station. I've been using this system for years. It is so simple that every time I finish a bottle of white spirits I throw the old one away and build a new one.

I make an appropriate sized hole in the old bottle and tape a piece from an old latex glove over it. I slit the latex to allow me to push the airbrush into the hole. I remove the top of the bottle and insert some old fibre glass from an extractor filter into the opening. And that's it. Total cost, to all intents and purposes nothing, all the bits are essentially used parts which I have to buy anyway.

I am not attempting to absorb the vapour, just prevent an aerosol exiting the container. I always use this in front of the extractor. These bottles are a good height to ensure that anything coming off the container is sucked away.

A couple of pictures should be worth a couple of thousand words.

IMG_1756.JPG

IMG_1757.JPG

Cheers

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice Steve,and much better than what I use,thank you for showing us, :D

my is a cut down drink bottle with some kitty litter in the bottom and that's about it, :/