Airbrush for Scale model Cars

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Hi guys n gals I'm in need of help and advice from your good selves. I have now accumulated a number of cars into my stash and I am now looking for a new airbrush to help me do the paintworks saturation and wet coats etc. I use my Iwata tr2 and smart jet pro at the moment for planes and armour etc. I've been looking at the Iwata hi line TH with the fan cap which is a very high end tool with a high price tag to match. Also my current compressor would not cope with the air pressure requirements so I'd have to upgrade that also. So as you can see it's getting rather expensive. So I was wondering if any of you could give good recommendations at a lower costing.
http://www.iwata-medea.com/products/iwata-airbrushes/hi-line/hp-th/

Any help/advice greatly appreciated cheers John

M

m1ks

What scale cars?
You don't need a huge displacement fan pattern airbrush to get good coverage and wet coats.
I see no reason the one you have wouldn't do?, bear in mind 1/35 armour can be larger than the bodies of most 1/24 car kits.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
What scale cars?
You don't need a huge displacement fan pattern airbrush to get good coverage and wet coats.
I see no reason the one you have wouldn't do?, bear in mind 1/35 armour can be larger than the bodies of most 1/24 car kits.
Perhaps I should give mine a chance like you said. What do you use yourself on your car builds.

First Name
colin
Hi john. I own a small devilbliss gti pro lite gravity feed gun and to be honest its of limited use for modelling purposes I only use mine for spraying up baseboards as even with the smallest needle set and lowest psi setting its a bit severe for normal model paining

Last edited: