Airbrush Lube

A

Awins

I recently bought some Iwata Superlube for the maintenace of my air brush.
I apply a tiny amount to the needle, airvalve trigger assembly etc etc.
I am finding that if not used for a week or so when I pull the trigger back the needle sticks in the open posistion and will not freely move.
I then find myself stripping down my airbrush to wipe it clean of the lube. It seems to dry, does anyone else experience this.
Im mow wondering if a tiny smear of vaseline may be better.
Any thoughts or ideas ?
Cheers Alan

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I wipe a little WD 40 on the needle, been doing it for years. I've never had it cause any problems with it.

The only airbrush lube I've ever had is the little tube you get (or used to get) with a new Iwata brush, but I've never used it and haven't bought a brush in years.

Cheers

Steve

A

Awins

I wipe a little WD 40 on the needle, been doing it for years. I've never had it cause any problems with it.

The only airbrush lube I've ever had is the little tube you get (or used to get) with a new Iwata brush, but I've never used it and haven't bought a brush in years.

Cheers

Steve
Id thought about WD40 but was nervous incase it contaminated the paint in some way. The tube you refer to is more than likely the same product.
Cheers Steve

T

Tony

I recently bought some Iwata Superlube for the maintenace of my air brush.
I apply a tiny amount to the needle, airvalve trigger assembly etc etc.
I am finding that if not used for a week or so when I pull the trigger back the needle sticks in the open posistion and will not freely move.
I then find myself stripping down my airbrush to wipe it clean of the lube. It seems to dry, does anyone else experience this.
Im mow wondering if a tiny smear of vaseline may be better.
Any thoughts or ideas ?
Cheers Alan
Alan

Had exactly the same issue. With this stuff and was not impressed.

I switched over to a badger product call REGDAB NEEDLE JUICE (you may note the title is badger spelt backwards. Early days but it seems better that the iwata stuff.

M

m1ks

Been airbrushing for years and never needed or used any kind of lube on either the cheap chinese gravity x2 and syphon brushes or the Iwata I've had for afew years.
If cleaned thoroughly and properly after each session in the manner below which once practised takes 5 to 10 min it's smooth and ready to go for the next session.