Airbrush Question

T

Tom Morfy

I'm looking for recommendations as the most popular or best airbrush on the market for fine detail and finishing of 1/48 scale plastic aircraft models. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Tom

T

tonyb6000

Hi Tom

Do you have a budget in mind? The air supply can be expensive. You could start with a badger kit that comes with a can of air and a regulator to get you started. For detailed work you really want a double action airbrush (so you can control air flow and paint flow from one switch), and if you can find a gravity fed one (you put the paint in a hopper on the top instead of a bottle underneath) you can paint with just one or two drops of paint and save waste. I have an old paasche vjr which is great, but just picked up a new brush off eBay for £6 which I will be testing soon. I'll let you know how it goes.

TonyB

D

dubster72

This is the kit that I bought Tom. It's a bunch of fairly common Chinese equipment that you'll find on many sites, both on ebay & elsewhere. I'm very happy with it, especially the double-action airbrush. One word of caution that applies to all these cheap ones is that the seals can be affected by strong solvents but if you stick to mainly acrylics, you'll be fine.

COMPLETE AIRBRUSH COMPRESSOR KIT AIR BRUSH ACCESSORIES on eBay (end time 13-Feb-10 22:20:31 GMT)

Patrick