Airbrushes

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
What's your budget? You can get a compressor from £50, and an airbrush from less than £15.

A

Awins

As John says it depends on your budget. I have a Harder & Steenbeck Evolution plus, and find this to be a first class tool and for me would highly reccomend. Its also very easy to clean. John at Scale Model Shop on this site supplied mine with fast faultless delivery.

N

Neil O'R

Many thanks. John & Alan 

i will follow Alan's advice and purchase the Evolution plus and a suitable compressor from the Scale Model Shop

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I too am a fan of the H&S Evo, a great brush.  I would recommend two needle sets for modelling, a 0.4 for wider areas and a .2 for detail.   I recommend not touching a 0.15 as it is too small for model paints and it will give a lot of problems.  As for a compressor, the AS186 is excellent and cheap.

N

Neil O'R

Many thanks. Barry 

I appreciate your advice. 

Very helpful. 

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Many thanks. John & Alan 

i will follow Alan's advice and purchase the Evolution plus and a suitable compressor from the Scale Model Shop

If you want a AS189S (the new one with a fan in it) they are due in Friday or Tuesday, I'm just waiting for confirmation of the date, as for airbrushes I've just had a delivery from H&S so I have plenty in.