Airbus A350-1000

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Here is a single picture of Airbus' latest aircraft to fly - the A350-1000 - showing the main landing gear assemblies in flight. I am pleased to be associated with this particular LG because I played a small part in assembling it last year in Toulouse and I'm looking forward to spending more time there this year as production ramps up.

image.jpeg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice one rick , its a mighty impressive aircraft , are you planning on making the Revell a350 , i know its the shorter 900 version but you will have a good idea of how it builds now youve part made the full size aircraft!!

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice one rick , its a mighty impressive aircraft , are you planning on making the Revell a350 , i know its the shorter 900 version but you will have a good idea of how it builds now youve part made the full size aircraft!!

Civil airliners aren't my thing mate. At any rate you'd need to do a serious amount of surgery as the fuselage is longer, the wings bigger and the landing gear is also different - the -900 has four wheel bogies. I did see a thread on this type on Britmodeller I think; better just to wait for a newly tooled model of it.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice assembly job Rick. :smiling3:

Seen a few of these A350 things at Auckland in Cathay colours. A smart looking beast. I'm about to go 80's retro in the 737 Classic. Now where'd I put my Def Leppard t-shirts?

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice assembly job Rick. :smiling3:

Seen a few of these A350 things at Auckland in Cathay colours. A smart looking beast. I'm about to go 80's retro in the 737 Classic. Now where'd I put my Def Leppard t-shirts?

I've built a few of those gears too Joe. I'm sure there is a jet flying around with Def Leppard or Iron Maiden painted all over it, I'm sure I saw it at WAW last October.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I think I saw an Iron Maiden 757 a few years ago and they definitely had a 747 in more recent times.

Looking forward to the -300 and -400. School starts soon, will no doubt end up with the ins and outs of the landing gear :smiling3:

First Name
Dave
I think I saw an Iron Maiden 757 a few years ago and they definitely had a 747 in more recent times.

Looking forward to the -300 and -400. School starts soon, will no doubt end up with the ins and outs of the landing gear :smiling3:
I worked on Iron Maidens first 757. When Bruce Dickinson was a pilot for Asraeus they let him use one of their aircraft for his world tour.They have indeed got a 747 now. When they first got it someone drove a tow truck into it at Santiago Airport!.IMG_3295.PNG

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
He used to do charters for football teams apparently and one of the urban myths was he flew Glasgow Rangers to a European match and has the distinction of "captaining" the team.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
lol - must have been the same dude that bolted that engine under the wing on the B52 tha lost an engine the other week.

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick

Tony,
Zvezda have fooled a kit for the A350-1000 so no need for butchering a Revell kit now. I’ve had my eye on this kit for a while but never got round to adding it to the stash. Not sure I will now given world events.