Airfix 1/24 Hawker Hurricane MK1

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Next on the bench is this beauty I have wanted this so long that I thought it would slip me by or I wouldn't do it justice due to lack of experience that might still happen I'm a bit scared of this build tbh View attachment 84766

View attachment 84767

View attachment 84768

There is some burr on it but not as much as I was expecting
As I walk through the valley in the shadow of builders I shall fear no evil lol

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

L

liberator61

Looking forward to following this build,always liked the hurricane a true workhorse,good luck.

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Don't be scared of this one as i have done this one not to long ago and i can tell you its a nice kit it goes together very nicely so i wish you well and have fun.

Peter t

First Name
Mike
This should be good. There's a useful build thread of this kit over on the UAMF, the builder did a really nice job.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys :smiling3:

I remember yours pete you did a great job on that :smiling3: when I say I'm worried it's not that it looks difficult it's the worry of messing it up sometimes when I do a build of something I really like I can get a head of myself and try to do to much to it in the hope it will be my best one ever but in doing so I tend to mess it up I think I get to close to a build and do something silly and then make it worse by panicking to put it right I have a few builds that will never see the light of day because of that. Lol

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
I'm in on this build, looks a very nice kit does that.

Have fun, John

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
when I say I'm worried it's not that it looks difficult it's the worry of messing it up sometimes when I do a build of something I really like I can get a head of myself and try to do to much to it in the hope it will be my best one ever but in doing so I tend to mess it up I think I get to close to a build and do something silly and then make it worse by panicking to put it right I have a few builds that will never see the light of day because of that. Lol
Believe me Alan, you are not alone. Personally I've never built a kit where something at some stage didn't go wrong. It has taken me years to get to the point where I can leave it well alone until I can fix it. There is always a temptation to try and remedy some silly little cock up asap and this is almost invariably a bad mistake which simply compounds the original one.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, patience is the most important tool in the modellers tool box :smiling3:

I think that one of the chief culprits causing impatience in modellers today is quick drying acrylic type paints, but that's just my own biased (some would say bizarre) opinion and I certainly don't expect the acrylic using fraternity to agree with me :smiling3:

Good luck with the Hurricane..........and take your time!!!!!!!

Cheers

Steve

P

Polux

I will be there Alan! Following with interest mate ;)

Good luck! Like Steve has said, take your time

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
\ said:
I'm a bit scared of this build tbh
why?, its just a box full of plastic when its all said............if you were doing a four engined bomber in 1/72 it would probably be similar in size in terms of wingspan

look forward to seeing this go together.....i will never tackle something this size simply cos i have no where to put it! :D

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
You have the talents you need Alan, so no need to be scared!

Gern

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Looking forward to this build Alan, good luck ,but you wont need it, looking forward to seeing started :D

L

Laurie

\ said:
Believe me Alan, you are not alone. Personally I've never built a kit where something at some stage didn't go wrong. It has taken me years to get to the point where I can leave it well alone until I can fix it. There is always a temptation to try and remedy some silly little cock up asap and this is almost invariably a bad mistake which simply compounds the original one.I've said it before and I'll say it again, patience is the most important tool in the modellers tool box :smiling3:

I think that one of the chief culprits causing impatience in modellers today is quick drying acrylic type paints, but that's just my own biased (some would say bizarre) opinion and I certainly don't expect the acrylic using fraternity to agree with me :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve
Steve could not agree with you more. Recently wrote on this forum about patience and I am acrylic :eek:

Impatience is the scourge of model making patience is its friend. How do I know that ? ;)

Fancy building a 1/24. Problem the only place I could put it would be on the balcony to the flat. Even launch it.

Laurie

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
\ said:
Believe me Alan, you are not alone. Personally I've never built a kit where something at some stage didn't go wrong. It has taken me years to get to the point where I can leave it well alone until I can fix it. There is always a temptation to try and remedy some silly little cock up asap and this is almost invariably a bad mistake which simply compounds the original one.I've said it before and I'll say it again, patience is the most important tool in the modellers tool box :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve
Agree entirely with Steve. I'm an enamel paint user, so I am forced to take at least a day between stages when I have painted. Kits that some peopl ecan turn out inside two days takes me at least a week at the least. However the enforced rest from it has the advantage of giving you time to reflect on what needs to be done, what needs to be rectified, and how the build is progressing. It also enables you to read the forum :smiling3:

Look forward to this one Alan, what a beast, and I'm sure you will do it justice.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:

Cheers

Steve
Glad to see I'm not alone in this Steve :smiling3: on this I'm sticking to what I know and not listen to that voice that says why don't you do this , I'm thinking of swapping back to enamels as acrylics can be a pain in the hot weather

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
why?, its just a box full of plastic when its all said............if you were doing a four engined bomber in 1/72 it would probably be similar in size in terms of wingspanlook forward to seeing this go together.....i will never tackle something this size simply cos i have no where to put it! :D
Paul it's not the size it's the enthusiasm for this build and not wanting to make mistakes :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Thanks for the support folks I appreciate it :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Now I know this is an old kit I've never had to bend and tape an engine pipe before ! This will be an interesting build :smiling3: View attachment 84813

I might use a bit of CA on the other side :smiling3: image.jpg