Airfix 1/24 p51 mustang

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Shiny!! Did they go on ok john? And did you buff them up? im curious to know because i read that they are some sort of wax based formula , i wonder if a final varnish coat to seal the decals would go on ok or if decal solvents will affect it
Wow that's a lovely finish John! Wish I could do BMF like that
Tony only got them this week from John. They are enamel based and it's my first time using them. So I'll be playing it safe and not touching for 24-48hrs after which I'll varnish and apply decals. The wax based ones from ak are the true metal ones that come in a tube ( great smell just like boot polish). I generally use these for small parts and repairs to damaged bmf

BMF Patrick it's been an emotional journey with some small triumphs like this one and alot of real disasters normally followed by lots of expletives. Thanks both for your kind comments.

Cheers John

D

dubster72

That's looking very good John - who'd have known it was such a tricky kit? Not after you've beaten it into shape!

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
That is looking flippin' brilliant. Great metal finish.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looks amazing John , the new paints were a winner! The finish looks totally like polished aluminium , cheers tony

First Name
Adrian
As you know I built this a few years ago, my only advice is to be careful with the wing to body attachment, you might end up with it coming apart.

Adrian

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Rockets bombs and wheels attached slowly approaching the home straight on this build. ............. thankfully ;);) thanks for looking in cheers John IMG_8514.JPG IMG_8516.JPG

First Name
colin
Nice work john the aluminum finish looks spot on

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
You can come and build mine for me with paint work like that.
It's look the business