Airfix 1\24 Spitfire Mk.vb Tropical

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
A horror of a kit its taken me six months to beat into something looking like a spitfire and I won't be doing another as I just couldn't get the results I wanted.
So judge for yourselfP1040418.JPGP1040419.JPGP1040420.JPG

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Its not one of the best kit around Peter without a doubt, but you've done a good job of it. Well done for sticking with it until the end.

J

Jens Andrée

Trying to build a kit that's doing nothing but fighting you is terrible and takes any creativity away. I've only ever completed one such kit (because it was so bl**dy expensive) but the rest of them are collecting dust in the corner of shame and will only be used to test new paints etc or to scavenge for parts.
Good on you for finishing it! Now you can say that you won however much it resisted and you don't have to think about it ever again!
Also it doesn't look bad at all so you certainly beat it!

I've never built an Airfix kit so I can't say how they're like but I hope yours was a one off because I've just bought the Avro Lancaster B.III (Special) The Dambusters 1/72 from Airfix...
Should I be worried?
I've seen all of you building these Airfix kits all the time so I figured they were good?

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Well done Peter. A result. I built one of these and it went together quite well. The trick was, cut all the locating pins off and slide the parts to where you need them. Mine even had some natural dihedral, although I'm not sure how that happened.