Airfix 1/24 Spitfire

T

Truckdriver

Good Evening guys. I was given this kit as a thank you for training a chap at work to a very high standard and also for becoming good friends. He has since returned to Poland and got married. Now i don't normally build aircraft as all i know about them is that they fly and i can identify a few.
What is this kit like to build as I normally build trucks. I am undecided as to wether to build it or trade it.
Cheers lads.FB_IMG_1513981008089.jpg

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
I have just finished one myself and it is a lets say not the best of kits as airfix have been using the same moulds for years with no updates but if you take your time it can build in to a nice kit.

First Name
Dave
I built one a few years ago . Takes a lot if work to get it half decent. If i was given another i would sell/trade it!

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
OK, this one is a bit tricky. But I built one and didn't experience all of the horror stories you often hear about. For me, the trick was, if something didn't line up properly, cut the location pins off and go for the best fit that way. Surprisingly, I didn't use much filler at all on this build. As you can see below, it went together sort of ok.
IMG_0438.JPG

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Did your Polish friend give you the model ? I've just realised it's the Polish 303 Squadron. Maybe he chose it deliberately. So - it has to be built.