Airfix 1/48 Hawker Fury 1.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
i like it

i keep thinking about tackling a 1/48 biplane again (last one crashed and burned :sad: ) and this is the second one of these ive seen finished this week so im thinking of getting one

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great job i like it well done :rolleyes:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
As above, great job. I don't like things with two sets of wings due to the dreaded rigging but yours looks spot on.

Cheers

Steve

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Terrific Fury Barry.

I think we've all been there, when build enthusiasm wanes, but despite that you've pulled a great interwar bi-plane out of the hat.

The model looks terrific and it's amazing to think that the real aircraft gave much of the flying experience to the pilots of the BoB (even if it was by that time obsolete).

Great work

Paul

B

Bari

Thanks for the nice comments, as usual I have tried out a couple of new things on this one. I put rib tapes on the wings and tail surfaces, the first attemp with some 10 thou plasicard looked awful so in the end I used the tissue paper that comes as a protection for the decals and laid them down using Klear. I also tried the rigging method of making little wire loops by looping very thin wire (from the innards of a scart plug wire) around a needle and twisting. I needed to make lots as they pinged out of the tweezers like machine gun bullets.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Wow brush painted that makes it even better :smiling3: