Airfix 1:48 Seafire XVII

1275GT

And this is what happens when you give the Senior Service a perfectly good aircraft - they make the wings all wibbley wobbly and shove a hook up it's arse.... :P
The Airfix kit with added Eduard etch. A fairly straightforward build, but those wings were a bit of a pig to assemble. Pretty happy with the result, hope you enjoy :smiling3:

IMG_20170213_002633.jpgIMG_20170213_002447.jpgIMG_20170213_002615.jpgIMG_20170213_002556.jpgIMG_20170202_231232.jpgIMG_20170213_002749.jpg

Cheers, Neil

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well Neil they may have made the wings wibbley wobbly but there's nothing wrong with the build. Fantastic work.
And my I wish you a Happy New Year.

T

T. van Vuuren

Very cool indeed! I love the "real look" of naval folded up aeries :smiling:

Theuns

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Beautifully built Neil, ive been tempted by this kit several times , it always looks great when built. loving the simple base too , sets off the model perfectly , cheers tony

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Superb work Neil. I'm guessing you're not a big Navy aviation fan? :tongue-out:

F

Fenlander

Not an aircraft person but this kit holds a special place in my heart. I believe it was the best aircraft I ever finished, it is a stunning kit. You made a cracking job of this.

J

John Rixon

Fantastic job! We're the folding wings part of the kit, or was that some clever scratch building? Either way it's a beautiful job!

1275GT

Thanks for the comments everyone, much appreciated :smiling3:

Superb work Neil. I'm guessing you're not a big Navy aviation fan? :tongue-out:

I'm not against them at all, Joe....just wish they'd leave the proper aircraft alone ;)

Fantastic job! We're the folding wings part of the kit, or was that some clever scratch building? Either way it's a beautiful job!

I wish I could take all the credit, John, but it's basically how it comes out of the box, with a sprinkling of Eduards finest over the top ..... ;) As Graham has eluded to, it's a lovely, simple kit. If you have any interest in the subject, I'd heartily recommend it.