Airfix 1/48 Spitfire Mk. Vb

First Name
Jason
P

Polux

The paintwork is excellent Jason!!

I say it again, the colour tone is magnificent, as the subtle weathering as well ;)

Cheers. Polux

D

dubster72

Polux has stolen my words! That's an excellent build Jason, lovely paint that looks well faded & just the right amount of weathering.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Superb build Jason, you should be very proud of this one. Unique paint scheme too, not often seen on model subjects. I like the period looking photos, very convincing.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
excellent build Jason, lov paint that looks well faded & just the right amount of weathering.

very well done :rolleyes:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Superb job Jason , the build and paintwork are flawless. Great build matey , cheers tony

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Jason, I really like this build. I am really surprised with the cannons. The detail there is not bad at all. Was that Aftermarket or Airfix's? If it was Airfix's, that means their kits are getting better.

John

B

BigZimmo

Excellent work, Jason!!! Painting and weathering is well done. Looks as though this machine has been accomplished a lot of hard missions..... great!!

:smiling3:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
That's a really nice build, the pictures keep drawing me back to look again and again.

B

Bunkerbarge

Lovely weathering job and realistic finishes. I don't remember seeing a brown/grey camouflage before so something a bit different as well. I really like the under surfaces.

The period shots work well but if you got the camera right down to ground level they would look even more convincing.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Top job, very well done. Malta Spitfires....love 'em!

Cheers

Steve

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
That is a magnificent Spitfire! Can't really add much to what has already been said but agree that the finish and weathering are both top drawer. Gong for sure!

Cheers

Paul

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Not a spit fan myself but that is one of the best I've ever seen great job on the paint work I like that desert wash you've used to give it that dust operational look it makes it look really authentic :smiling3:

First Name
Jason
Thanks everyone for the great comments. I'm really pleased you like it.

\ said:
Jason, I really like this build. I am really surprised with the cannons. The detail there is not bad at all. Was that Aftermarket or Airfix's? If it was Airfix's, that means their kits are getting better.John
I did look at metal cannons John but the kit ones were detailed enough for me. Just painted them a very dark grey and gave them a rub with gun metal pigment to pick out the details.

Jason