Airfix 1/48 Spitfire PR XIX

jspitza

Jeff
First Name
Jeff
Good morning all!

Here are shots of my latest "stress reduction) model! It came out great and if the mis scribed line on cowling, cracked rear canopy with drying Future (or Klear), schizophrenic marking scheme and slightly marred and crooked decals (water was a bit too hot) ignored, it looks pretty darn good :smiling3: To me, this particular Spitfire is the most beautiful ever created and I consider this build good practice for a time when I can super detail a larger scale version. Enjoy! Take care, Jeff

View attachment 75253

View attachment 75254

View attachment 75255

View attachment 75256

IMG_6045.JPG

IMG_6046.JPG

IMG_6048.JPG

IMG_6050.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Wow, very nicely done Jeff. Nice clean build, and have to agree with you, this version of the Spitfire is rather aesthetic.

jspitza

Jeff
First Name
Jeff
Hello Joe!

Thank you for the complements-I think at this point in my model building I really enjoy the "clean version" :smiling: OK, a little weathering but I hate covering up my mistakes...Have a great rest of the day or night!

A

AlasdairGF

A beautiful finish, love it. Have you positioned both ailerons down, though? Apologies if not seeing this correctly, but usually if one is down, the other is pointing up (roll control).

First Name
Mike
Looks like a really nice finish, I like them clean too. Alasdair's right about those ailerons though, it's the flaps that would both be dropped at the same time.

jspitza

Jeff
First Name
Jeff
Yes but not if I was flying it :smiling:.... Right about those ailerons though as I was seriously hiding from my rather depressed Mother in law this AM. I really wanted to glue, stick, photograph and refill coffee!