Airfix 1/48 TSR2 completed

First Name
Dave
As the tittle says,I've finished this one.The real aircraft got quite dirty during flight testing.So I've dirtied it up a bit.The highlighted panel lines probably aren't to everyone's taste.But on this model I like it.I could have made a better job of the canopies by spraying them when attached to the model.As a result they are a different shade of white to the rest of the aeroplane.But I'm pleased with everything else.The CMK resin seats aren't the best Ive seen.So I probably won't buy any more of their products.

First Name
Dave
The TSR2 was a big aircraft.Here's a size comparison with a Phantom

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Very nice Dave. That looks the dogs whatsits.

Ian M

M

MPal

Lovely job there Dave.

It is indeed a big jet, remember being amazed by its size when I had a look round it at Cosford. Oh how different the RAF could have been.

Your build inspired me to watch the documentary on YouTube the other night, amazing seeing it leave a lightning for dead.

Last edited:
First Name
Gregg
What a great build & pleased to see the comparisons showing how large this beast was.

I think the weathering has given it a lot of character, well done a credit to you!

First Name
Mike
I think it looks great, Dave.

\ said:
The highlighted panel lines probably aren't to everyone's taste.But on this model I like it.
I totally agree, the model needs them to break up the vast expanse of white and give it some definition.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Superb build Dave, I enjoyed watching the progress and the results are well worth your efforts.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Excellent job Dave! It looks just right , as you say the aircraft did a lot of testing so would have looked just like this , great build , cheers tony

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Quality build Dave, I think you have done a perfect job in re-creating this beautiful machine. The Cockpit staining looks superb and adds so much to the model.

Si:smiling3:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Cracking build Dave! And she was a big beastie indeed - the Phantom ain't exactly small!

Gern

A

Andy Mac

You've done a cracking job there Dave, she looks superb. The weathering is sublime, I'm sure she wasn't a pristine white for very long. Top job!

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Great job Dave. I'm with you on the panel lines, you couldn't leave all that white unbroken.

C

Caledonia

Nicely done Dave, I always like the size comparison photo's. Cheers Derek

T

treyzx10r

Top notch build Dave. Seeing it next to the F-4 is an eye opener ,had no idea it was that big! Really like the weathering too,very nicely done Sir a 5star for sure!!!

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great build Dave, like the paint and weathering you have done

sorry gets not real my thing :confused::rolleyes: