Airfix 1/72 Defiant Mk1

First Name
Robert
This is Airfix new tool Boulton Paul Defiant Mk1 that I built over the past couple of weeks, I'm calling this complete.

The new build and fit is very good although detailing the cockpit up a bit is a must even on this scale. Airfix are doing the 1/48 scale of the defiant next year which they say is all new tooling so I hope it's not just an upscale of the 1/72?.

Brush painted as my compressors with my brother in law ( he says he can repair it??

Paints used Revell/ Tamiya/ Vallejo, given coat of klear before decalling ( extra decals used from spares drawer as original decals had an accident with. Chipping and weathered with oils

Pin wash and pastels used. Elastic sock cotton used for aerial wire/ ca glue

Hope you like it and usual comments welcome.

View attachment 120205

View attachment 120205

View attachment 120206

View attachment 120208

View attachment 120207

View attachment 120209

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

N

noble

Very nice work Robert I've said it once and will say it again I admire the hell outa you guys and gals who can produce things with wings to this standard.

Scott

L

Laurie

Nice Robert. If you could get your photos a bit brighter think we can then see more of the detail you have put into the model.

Laurie

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Only viewing on a small screen, but it looks great.

The base really works with the model.

D

dubster72

I really like this one Robert - I'm always in awe of you guys who can brush paint so well. The base is excellent too!

nb the forthcoming 1/48 Defiant is not an upscale version of this one, but a wholly new kit - one that I'd definitely like to build!

First Name
Robert
\ said:
I really like this one Robert - I'm always in awe of you guys who can brush paint so well. The base is excellent too!
nb the forthcoming 1/48 Defiant is not an upscale version of this one, but a wholly new kit - one that I'd definitely like to build!
Got it on order when it arrives 2016.!

First Name
Robert
Thank you to everyone's comments. I will try and get some external pics ( brighter light )

Cheers

Robert

J

jono

Looks nice Robert, & like the weathering on the underside...

John.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
That looks a nice kit Robert, good to see a Defiant.