Airfix 1:72 Fokker Eindecker E11

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Another new tool from Airfix. A great little kit. I haven't bothered with a build thread, because there isn't much to show really, but I did want to show you all this. The gun, remember this is 1:72
Gun.JPG
And this gun represents the standard of the rest of the kit as well.

The rigging was a bit of a pain, it seems my EZ line wouldn't attach to easily with my CA glue. I might just be out of practice as I did damage a couple of wires ! Paints are Vallejo, with a flat coat by Mig. The engine and cowling are Alclad.
So, the completed model and my Mk1a generic WW1 base (you've seen it before)
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG

Finally, an 'arty' image - ok I found filters on the computer.
Arty.jpg

More than happy to answer any questions.

Colin M..

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Great work Colin it looks fantastic. I've been thinking about getting one of these, and now seeing yours its going to be at the top of the list.

D

dubster72

That's really good Colin. It's hard to pick out any particular areas because the standard is so high, but I especially like the cowling & prop. Getting those so good in 1/72 is excellent!

D

Doug Hughes

That's fantastic, Colin. The propeller is gorgeous, and it's difficult to believe the whole thing is 1/72. You've done a great job, and so have Airfix. I remember the old Revell kit of the EIII - definitely an improvement on that! I used to make exclusively pre-1939 stuff, but have concentrated on WWII since returning to modelling a few years back. I'm almost tempted to shift back an era again...

First Name
Robert
Awesome , this looks fantastic and the last pic really gives it authenticity a faultless model. Love the whole thing.

Really great

Regards

Robert

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Thanks you all for the comments. It's a kit I can certainly recommend.
I've been thinking about getting one of these
For about a fiver, you can't really go wrong. Get one.
I remember the old Revell kit of the EIII
I built an Eindecker many many years ago, so it was possibly the Revel one as well. I don't remember much about the kit, but do remember inspiration coming from a Sunday night program involving the RFC with their Be2's having trouble taking on Eindeckers.

B

Builder

Superb work Colin. Very well done on the wood grain color of the propeller. Great work on the strings too.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Absolutely superb colin, a beautifully clean build. It looks a fantastic little kit and the finish youve got is flawless, i particularly like the prop and the way youve got the shading between the ribs on the large wing decals. cheers tony

First Name
barry
Brill Colin i use to build lots of these about 40 years but they did not look as good as this?

F

Fenlander

I have built one of these in 1/48 and it didn't come close to what you have achieved in 1/72. Stunning work beautifully presented Colin.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Thanks again for having a look.
shading between the ribs on the large wing decals
This is the first time I've ever sprayed a Tamiya paint (Grey smoke to highlight the ribs) It was very diluted at a really low pressure and not once did the needle clog up. I'm now quite impressed with Tamiya paints.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Beautiful build Colin. I've got this kit, it looks nicely detailed for the scale.