Airfix 1/72 Handley Page Hampden

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Nice progress Alasdair. I haven't seen one of these built in years, looking forward to the result.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Well, inspired by you tackling the old Airfix kit, I'm joining the 'cause' with this little thing.

View attachment 72945

Yes, it's got all the old traits. Bad fit, little or no detail. Step 1 is attach the two fuselage halves together, no seat, intsrument panel etc.

Airfix%20Bristol%20Beaufighter%20.jpg

A

AlasdairGF

\ said:
Well, inspired by you tackling the old Airfix kit, I'm joining the 'cause' with this little thing.View attachment 72370

Yes, it's got all the old traits. Bad fit, little or no detail. Step 1 is attach the two fuselage halves together, no seat, intsrument panel etc.
Gosh that looks ancient! Hope you enjoy it, would hate to be responsible for effin' and blindin' around Chez Colin...

I see there are some aftermarket bits & bobs that might be useful - like this cockpit set for the Hasegawa model (http://www.scalemates.com/products/product.php?id=150846). Depends how much effort you want to put in... decided against it for the Hampden. Still trying to get a decent out-of-box build before I start messing around with aftermarket additions.